June 2019 Vinyl Challenge

Day 24 - Shredders Unite

Getting late here so I'll leave the metal for a later date. But this guy, who mostly plays 12- and nylon-string guitar, is one of my favourite guitarists too. According to my old iTunes I've listened to, and fallen asleep to, this album about 150 times. I have not gotten sick of it.

James Blackshaw - The Cloud of Unknowing

IMG_20190703_220724.jpg

Day 12: the good old days
mewithoutYou ~ Brother, Sister

View attachment 6219

Back in 2014, during summer vacation from teaching at the university I decided to take a trip to Japan. I flew into Sapporo , the next day I picked up my 21day rail pass and then went and spent the next 24days traveling from Sapporo down to Nagasaki stoping at various cities, mountains and volcanoes along the way. This album was part of the soundtrack during my climb up Mt. Fuji as well as during my climb up Mt. Misen, so now every time I hear this album I feel like I'm right back on those mountains, living in paradise.
Day 25 - Randomizer

mewithoutYou - [A->B] Life

I don't actually own any mewithoutYou records (though that's certainly going to change), as I mostly listened to them at the height of my CD-buying years in high school and university, but thankfully I have some of my brother's records with me here. He first introduced them to me with their album Catch For Us the Foxes, and while I generally like their middle albums (Brother, Sister, It's all crazy, and Ten Stories) best, it's nice to get a little heavier sometimes. Thanks for the inspiration!

IMG_20190704_094646.jpg

Day 28 - Food Pairing

Novos Baianos - É Ferro na Boneca!

Since I already played my other Novos Baianos album and I finally have a copy of this that isn't insanely warped...

IMG_20190704_115053.jpg

Back