July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Day 2: Brooklyn New Jersey Nets

Play an album from an artist from New York City the Garden State and with a monochromatic color scheme.

I had the same idea as @TenderLovingKiller®

Fugees are from Jersey.

Plus what's BBall without knowing The Score?

16568007553882194757445149818512.jpg

PXL_20220701_155851186~2.jpg
Back in the Keith Van Horn days. The blue and green cards are "limited" or something, kind of like different versions of vinyl.

Day 2: Brooklyn New Jersey Nets

Play an album from an artist from New York City the Garden State and with a monochromatic color scheme.

I had the same idea as @TenderLovingKiller®

Fugees are from Jersey.

Plus what's BBall without knowing The Score?

View attachment 144641

View attachment 144643
Back in the Keith Van Horn days. The blue and green cards are "limited" or something, kind of like different versions of vinyl.
You could probably do a Kendall Gill card for about every team listed.

Day 3: New York Knicks
Play an album from an artist...who makes interesting wardrobe choices.
ofmontreal.jpg
9O6A2693.jpg
IMG_20220703_001213.jpg
Kevin Barnes is an interesting dresser. His ex-wife created one of her art pieces based on one of my ideas and I've got the original in storage. Need to get it framed one day.

Of Montreal - Snare Lustrous Doomings
OC05NjAzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Play an album from an artist from New York state

John Carpenter was born in Carthage, New York - although his family moved to Bowling Green, Kentucky when he was a young boy.

John Carpenter – The Fog (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Waxwork Records – WW067, 1984/2022

Pressed at MRP/GZ

XR7Kku.jpg

sJPj6l.jpg

Play an album from an artist from New York state and from an artist who makes interesting wardrobe choices.

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
A9386B64-6CC0-462C-BAE9-392ED04713E8.jpeg

As a teenager I found The Beastie Boys wardrobe and style to be very interesting and spent a good amount of effort attempting to emulating their thrift store/skateboard aesthetic with retro T-Shirts, baggy workwear, Puma Suedes, etc the Beasties were such trendsetters they had their own magazine, Grand Royal and Mike D even started his own clothing line, X-Large.

…That all being said, the reason I chose em for today is they were NYC born basketball fanatics. G-Son, The Beasties LA based studio, even had a Basketball court built in where they could play pick up games in between cutting tracks.
CB40E0D9-8F09-4400-B145-ACFDA46E8EAF.jpeg
I chose Ill Communication specifically so I could link to “Get It Together” which features another New York legend, Q-Tip and a track where Mike D name checks 90s Knicks legend, John Starks.

Day 2: Brooklyn Nets

Play an album from an artist from New York City or with a monochromatic color scheme.

Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail

View attachment 144600

Play an album from an artist from New York state or from an artist who makes interesting wardrobe choices.

KISS - Dynasty

71F8D37E-A599-4379-8845-85F795E33A79.jpeg

Back