July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Day 2: Brooklyn Nets
Play an album from an artist from New York City or with a monochromatic color scheme.

Kyrie can actually play tonight and he nails a step back three from top of the key - an NYC man, singing a song titled NYC Man with the damn near impossible to decently photograph monochromatic cover...

Lou Reed - Set The Twilight Reeling

20220701_234256.jpg

Day 1: Boston Celtics

Play an album from an artist from Massachusetts or from Ireland.

Robert Cummings was born and grew up in Haverhill, Massachusetts.

Rob Zombie – The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser
Zodiac Swan Records/T-Boy Records, 2016

Cut by John Golden at Golden Mastering
Pressed at United

EsWn98.jpg

V0r9En.jpg

Pledgemusic had a version w/ a signed lenticular removable cover...

vh0tLR.jpg

Play an album from an artist from New York City

Marco Beltrami is from Long Island.

I'm also trying to use this thread to play what I have laying around and need to play and file away....it's piling up again.

Marco Beltrami – Scream (Original Motion Picture Soundtracks)
Varèse Sarabande – VSD00407, 2022

4 LP Box Set w/ the soundtracks to the first 4 movies.

Cut by Dave Polster at Well Made Music

eamkIO.jpg

gkaz47.jpg

Kleenex Girl Wonder - Ponyoak

385FFDE8-3CA7-4BD7-9BFB-6D467E1AAE74.jpeg

This is one of those records that I discovered way late and thought, “How did I miss this one for so long?” This was released in 1999 and he has been somewhat of a cult following since that time. Someone had recommended this to me as they knew I was a big Guided By Voices fan and the influences are clearly heard here (I would even argue that this doesn’t even have much of the typical filler that you’ll often see on some GBV records).

Anyways, this guy now lives in New York City and mails the records out himself. He emailed me because he felt bad that it was taking a little longer to ship it out and he threw in a copy of another one of his albums, which was a pretty awesome thing to do.

Day 2: Brooklyn New Jersey Nets

Play an album from an artist from New York City the Garden State and with a monochromatic color scheme.

Yo La Tengo - Extra Painful
646D6BA3-388B-4E1D-8EA9-AB2354E9FCF4.jpeg
I hope it’s alright but I took some liberties with todays theme. Being born in 1981 The Nets spent 3/4th’s of my life in New Jersey before bailing for Brooklyn. My favorite Nets players were from the 90s/early 2000s (Derrick Coleman, Yinka Dare, Ed O’Bsnnon, Kerry Kittles, K Mart). Also, no offense to Brooklyn’s music scene but I wanted to give NJ their props for their rich music history (I can focus on NYC when we do the Knicks). At the very least I chose the YLT album with monochromatic album art so maybe I can get half of a fake bonus point.

Play an album from an artist from New York City or with a monochromatic color scheme.

One of the best indie bands debuts to ever be made. I saw them a few times, but nothing will beat a show at the Hi-Dive in Denver on their tour before this came out. I've never seen so much energy on stage. A damn shame that they broke up before they made it big.

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Why There Are MountainsIMG20220702100551.jpg

One of the best indie bands debuts to ever be made. I saw them a few times, but nothing will beat a show at the Hi-Dive in Denver on their tour before this came out. I've never seen so much energy on stage. A damn shame that they broke up before they made it big.

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Why There Are MountainsView attachment 144590
One of their tracks they reference Indiana or Indianapolis (I forget which) and because of that I spent the longest time thinking CEG were an Indiana band. I mean obviously any band from anywhere could make that reference (Springsteen isn’t from Nebraska after all) but I just assumed why would anybody not from Indiana make reference to Indy?

Last edited:
One of their tracks they reference Indiana or Indianapolis (I forget which) and because of that I spent the longest time thinking CEG were an Indiana band. I mean obviously any band from any could make that reference (Springsteen isn’t from Nebraska after all) but I just assumed why would anybody not from Indiana make reference to Indy?
Good point. All my memories of Indiana are of me being pissed that it never ends when I'm driving through it. That might be a good topic for a song.

Back