July 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge: Summer Breeze Makes Me Feel Fine

Sadly there is no cat scratch reaction emoji to use but there is the shocked cat face 🙀

True story. I sat beside Tara Reid about 15yrs on a flight from Vancouver to Toronto. She fell asleep and drooled the entire 4.5hr flight. Other than that she seemed nice.
Nice to you maybe. Not nice to a shark from a 'nado.

tara.gif

July 28 - Diamond Dogs

Woof.

Shellac ‎– Excellent Italian Greyhound
Touch And Go ‎– TG303, 2007

Pressed at RTI

WwbxFu.jpg

JJ56Yt.jpg

cZVlM6.jpg

Day 29: International Tiger Day
Play a purr-fect record

Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
267658A4-57D9-4C53-AF0E-50082AB70100.jpegThis was a band that I learned about over in the PreOrder Thread. A brilliant early 90s Shoegaze album. Funny enough when I first saw the album art my lazy brain just kind of assumed the cover image was that of a big swirling storm sitting somewhere over the ocean, the “Whirlpool” title probably help me draw that conclusion. It wasn’t until I gazed upon the album in real life that I notice a kitty’s ear and then…duh, it was a curled up feline this whole time.

Bonus shot of Tallulah enjoying some outside time on the back patio.
BE630F75-EBF5-4706-832D-56678545972F.jpeg

Day 29: International Tiger Day
Play a purr-fect record

Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
This was a band that I learned about over in the PreOrder Thread. A brilliant early 90s Shoegaze album. Funny enough when I first saw the album art my lazy brain just kind of assumed the cover image was that of a big swirling storm sitting somewhere over the ocean, the “Whirlpool” title probably help me draw that conclusion. It wasn’t until I gazed upon the album in real life that I notice a kitty’s ear and then…duh, it was a curled up feline this whole time.

Bonus shot of Tallulah enjoying some outside time on the back patio.
View attachment 107048

Tallulah is one contented cat. Warm sidewalks on a sunny day is the best way to scratch that back

I don’t even know what a Budgie is. My guess would be either Prog, Metal, Psych or some combination there of.
Yup that does pretty much describe them. I have really only listened to their first 4 or 5 records and all are good. I will need to keep an eye out for any when I am finally able to get back into used record stores.

July 26 - 2nd chances
Play something that took a very long time for you to get into

Darkside - Spiral

I somehow didn't register the first Darkside album's existence until probably 4 years after it came out. I loved it immediately, but I'm not sure if years earlier I clicked some sample of it and wasn't impressed, or just never read any of the articles I surely came across on music sites I follow. In any case, I have NOT taken a long time to love this new one!

IMG_20210729_142258523_HDR.jpg

Back