July 2019 Vinyl Challenge

Day 5 - TGIF

Sonny Rollins - Volume 2

After drinking most of the day and going to a couple parties yesterday, plus working a full day today, plus the fact that it’s 90+ and humid and I turn into a slug under those conditions, I’m taking it easy tonight. Red wine and some jazz on this Friday.

235D4E5C-1DA9-469B-9679-977BCE896448.jpeg

Day 6: Amazon

This tech juggernaut was founded 25 years ago yesterday, and in celebration(?), play an album you’ve bought from them (and maybe tell us your best horror story involving them if you have one).

If you’ve never bought any records from Amazon, then play something you bought anywhere online.

4E18D6DD-F78F-4341-95BD-610C253D0C02.jpeg
The 24-Carat Black - Ghetto: Misfortune’s Wealth

Day 6 - Amazon

This was one of two Tone Poets I received in my last package from them a week ago or so.
I0AEXWb.jpg

My horror story? Signing up for Prime again two days ago to get my sister’s birthday presents here today (her birthday is tomorrow) only to receive a “sorry your order is now expected July 6-9.” ☹️

...I mean isn’t free two day shipping like THE prime (see what I did there 😉) benefit of Prime?

4: America

Bill Callahan - Apocalypse: A Tour Film by Hanky Banks Soundtrack

Since I don't have the studio album Apocalypse on vinyl yet, and this also has "America!" on it, it'll do.

"America! America!
I watch David Letterman in Australia
Oh America!
You are so grand and gold, golden
I wish I was on the next flight to America
Captain Kristofferson
Buck Sergeant Newbury
Leatherneck Jones
Sergeant Cash
What an army, what an air force, what a marines
America!
I never served for my country
America! America!
Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iran, Native American
America!
Well everyone's allowed a past they don't care to mention
America! America!"

IMG_20190706_115731.jpg

Day 6: Amazon

This is copy #3 of this album...and it too has a defect on both track 1's. This one is at least playable. The first one I got from Amazon was unplayable and was returned. Copy #2 was lost in the mail for over a week - and they sent this one out - Copy #2 arrived and it too has the defect. A rumble type warp that usually doesn't get fixed in the vinyl flat, but with 2 copies it's worth the attempt.

I should really just try to find the limited pink vinyl variant.

Gong ‎– The Universe Also Collapses
Kscope ‎– KSCOPE1020, 2019

Cut by Heino Leja at Optimal
Pressed at Optimal

SdQbmN.jpg

0zxucb.jpg

Back