July 2019 Vinyl Challenge

Day 2: Two-sday

Whether it be a duo, a record with only two songs on it, a record by two different artists, or even just a record with two sides, play something involving the number 2!

View attachment 9551
Sam & Dave - Soul Men
Hey, will you please put the description in the index post? It's only going to get harder to locate your new day post as we get more pages.

Day 2: Twosday
Tyrannosaurus Rex - A Beard of Stars

This is the last album before Bolan rebranded as T. Rex and some good freaky folk.

This iteration of the band consisted of two members, Marc Bolan and Micky Finn and followed the album Unicorn, which was also two members, Nolan and Steve Peregrin Took. The version I have is a double album including both of those albums with the appropriate cat no. TOOFA 9.

Day 1 - O’ Canada!

I see Rush has already been selected, but not this album. My personal favorite Rush album Hemispheres.

W6DlDgW.jpg

Day 2 - TWO-sday
Ween stared out as just two friends making songs Gene Ween and Dean Ween, Aaron Freeman and Mickey Melchiondo their real names respectively.

I should have picked The Pod because t would be a duo’s second album but I’ve used it a few times for these monthly challenges. Plus it’s been a minute since I’ve spun Pure Guava.

I want to highlight “Mourning Glory” as the height of their “studio” experimentation. Some see it as noise, others brilliance. I fall in the latter half.
mRuztvL.jpg

Back