Jazz

This one is up for preorder at Dusty Groove for $32+$4 shipping. Various : Spiritual Jazz 16 – Riverside (LP, Vinyl record album)

EDIT - tracklist here if you care. Various Artists — Spiritual Jazz 16: Riverside etc | Jazzman

I think these are great compilations — curation, sound quality, and liner notes — but I only have two (the original From Underground 68-77 and Vol XII Impulse!). I realized that for most of the tracks that I really liked, I already had the album or decided I wanted to get it eventually after hearing the track on the comp. Easier to stream and then decide.

Last edited:
A year or 2 ago I decided to skip RSD and pick up bits much later on if/when the price drops. I'm really glad I got off the train because one of my locals have dropped their list and the prices are eye watering.

£70 for the 2LP Sun Ra release
£55 for the 2LP Cannonball Adderley release
£38 for the 1LP Kenny Dorham release
£110 for the 4LP Sonny Rollins release
£22 for the 7" Pharoah Sanders release

Its just insane.

A year or 2 ago I decided to skip RSD and pick up bits much later on if/when the price drops. I'm really glad I got off the train because one of my locals have dropped their list and the prices are eye watering.

£70 for the 2LP Sun Ra release
£55 for the 2LP Cannonball Adderley release
£38 for the 1LP Kenny Dorham release
£110 for the 4LP Sonny Rollins release
£22 for the 7" Pharoah Sanders release

Its just insane.
Best to patiently wait for the sales these days.

@zdkaiser in case you need more bill evans live titles! think these were advertised as japanese RSD titles?

@zdkaiser in case you need more bill evans live titles! think these were advertised as japanese RSD titles?
Thanks, but I think I probably have more than I need already. 😆

Who do we think will have the king Bags & Trane?

ORG or AP? I've heard the ORG Bags & Trane is quite fantastic, but I see now AP is getting ready to reissue their own version.

Who do we think will have the king Bags & Trane?

ORG or AP? I've heard the ORG Bags & Trane is quite fantastic, but I see now AP is getting ready to reissue their own version.
i have the 45 ORG Bags & Trane. Never really spin it but remember it sounding great! Is the AP a 33?

Interesting but odd one for anybody who likes James Brandon Lewis. I found this on a recent trip to Finland, on the great We Jazz Label. It's completely anonymous but it's his old Trio performing live recorded in 2019. The recording is decent but definitely live. Last song is Fear Not, which he played on his last trio record with the Messthetics (the best song for me). Definitely worth checking out.

View attachment 199180

Just nabbed this and the latest issue of the magazine for Bandcamp Friday!

Back