Jazz

source on this? are there prices listed?
It’s in the latest AS video today listing new releases. They talk about the monk box and the guy says "We only manufactured 750 copies of [the Thelonious Monk, Riverside Tenor Sessions box set] ... and May 24th we will be issuing the seven titles in this box set individually.”

It’s in the latest AS video today listing new releases. They talk about the monk box and the guy says "We only manufactured 750 copies of [the Thelonious Monk, Riverside Tenor Sessions box set] ... and May 24th we will be issuing the seven titles in this box set individually.”
Same 90s plates with box and with the breakout LPs?
I bet he marks up the break out LPs. Either way, I will wait. Craft is reissuing everything it seems sooner or later.

Same 90s plates with box and with the breakout LPs?
I bet he marks up the break out LPs. Either way, I will wait. Craft is reissuing everything it seems sooner or later.
Would be weird for him to charge more than $40 for a wide AP press. So that’s $4 more per record with sleeves. I’d also assume it’s the same plates because Chad never spends a dime more than he has to on releases and he owns the plates. We know they are good because he just used them to press the box

Recognizing that it is all things RSD, I thought I’d put a plug in a non-RSD but still limited set of records. I picked up this:

and it is really a terrific set. I would have liked and will still hope for more of her releases (full albums) in the future, but the sound here is excellent and the work, performances are well worth spending time on. It’s pricey at $175 for 3 records — but it’s a good box and nice introduction to a great composer

The Round Robin Monopoly – Alpha
Never heard of it.

Now that I have - solid pass.

I have about 5000 records. Most of which I consider essential, of personal significance, or just great records.

Probably a few stiffers as well.

Why listen to a well forgotten record that never even burped for a minute before hitting the cutout bins?

Sorry to be cynical, but I'll bet this is hyped as another long lost masterpiece. It's not, but dig it.

Last edited:
Lastly, I cannot recommend highly enough the Archie Shepp/Harold Mabern duo recordings — Goin’ Home and Trouble in Mind. Goin Home is gospel tunes, and Trouble in Mind is blues. I think Goin’ Home is clearly superior, but that’s bc I prefer the gospel tunes and mood/feeling, but they are both fantastic.
I want to thank you for dropping this rec. Both of these Shepp recordings were new to me and I'm really digging them.

Now if I could only find them at a reasonable price.

Never heard of it.

Now that I have - solid pass.

I have about 5000 records. Most of which I consider essential, of personal significance, or just great records.

Probably a few stiffers as well.

Why listen to a well forgotten record that never eeven burped for a minute before hitting the cutout bins?

Sorry to be cynical, but I'll bet this is hyped as another long lost masterpiece. It's not, but dig it.
glass half full much ;-) ....maybe it really is lost sounds....it can happen

I want to thank you for dropping this rec. Both of these Shepp recordings were new to me and I'm really digging them.

Now if I could only find them at a reasonable price.
You’re welcome! And I have either Ethan Iverson or someone on N&G to thank for tipping me off to their existence. Ethan Iverson was heavily influenced by Mal Waldron and wrote a good blog post about him. I’ve bought several Waldron records based on this blog post.

And a regular black vinyl for a little less
😬Think I will stick with my $10 6 eye instead

don't blame you. it's not an expensive album to find and from what i remember, every version of it i have heard is great sounding.
I have a good amount of OG 6-eye Duke. He was kind of glazed over for the longest time at record stores and I was like whatever... More for me. Now he's getting more audiophile releases.

I did pick up the AP Masterpieces for $27 a while back. It's insanely good for a 1950 recording. Kind of blew me away with the SQ.

I have a good amount of OG 6-eye Duke. He was kind of glazed over for the longest time at record stores and I was like whatever... More for me. Now he's getting more audiophile releases.

I did pick up the AP Masterpieces for $27 a while back. It's insanely good for a 1950 recording. Kind of blew me away with the SQ.
I have that Masterpieces too. Such an awesome album/pressing. I need to pick up some of his other albums.

Back