Jazz

Anyone pick up Pre Bird?

I really dig this reissue.
Great change up in music.
Amazing recording quality. Great tunes for a Halloween night 🎃
I will eventually. Great album with unbelievable lineup, and RKS is my Boom Boom more than Boom Boom is my Boom Boom. Prayer for Passive Resistance has probably been my fav Mingus tune since I first heard the live version on Mingus at Antibes, and it’ll be nice to have the more composed studio version on vinyl with a slightly big-band take.

I will eventually. Great album with unbelievable lineup, and RKS is my Boom Boom more than Boom Boom is my Boom Boom. Prayer for Passive Resistance has probably been my fav Mingus tune since I first heard the live version on Mingus at Antibes, and it’ll be nice to have the more composed studio version on vinyl with a slightly big-band take.
I think you will be impressed with the sound on this one.

New Muriel Grossmann!

There a good place to order Craft stuff? Seems like sales are rare on their catalog outside of Amazon price drops
I've preordered the three I have from Target. They often start out at something like $33.99 and then go up to $38.99 closer to release. But at this point, I'd wait until Black Friday to see if they run a B2G1 sale. They have a few OJCs listed, so that would be a good way to pick some up for cheap.

Finally had a chance to A/B the UHQR and MoFi 45 cuts of Kind Of Blue - sort of a Jazz/Definitive Audiophile Pressings mashup here, so scroll on if that isn’t your thing.

Long story short, they are both awesome. Surprise surprise. The MoFi accentuates a lusher presentation - more emphasis on a round, pillowy low end. The top end of Bernie’s UHQR cut is so wonderfully lively that there are moments I swear I hear new things, and I’ve probably listened to this album about 800 times in my life. Haha.

Apples to apples, you can’t go wrong with the MoFi for basically 1/3rd the price. It’s a home run. If this record is as important to you as it is to me, you deserve to hear the UHQR cut. It’s exhilarating.

One day I will grab KG’s take as well! Can you ever really have enough Kind Of Blue?

Yes. The jazz reissue/repress decisions are based on my private buying decisions.

After waiting years for a reissue/repress of a title, I finally cave and splurge on an existing copy (like what happened to me with Speakers Corner “The Hip Walk,” which at least I got at a relatively good, but still premium price), and a reissue is announced within a month or three of me giving up and caving.

Based on this pattern, you should all anticipate a reissue of Mal Waldron/Terumasa Hino “Reminicent Suite” soon.

As predicted based on my running out of patience and pulling the trigger, Reminicent Suite is getting a reissue.

I’ve had mixed results with BBE and love the copy I bought, so no regrets on my purchase. But imho Reminicent Suite is an excellent album so fyi for those interested.

Finally had a chance to A/B the UHQR and MoFi 45 cuts of Kind Of Blue - sort of a Jazz/Definitive Audiophile Pressings mashup here, so scroll on if that isn’t your thing.

Long story short, they are both awesome. Surprise surprise. The MoFi accentuates a lusher presentation - more emphasis on a round, pillowy low end. The top end of Bernie’s UHQR cut is so wonderfully lively that there are moments I swear I hear new things, and I’ve probably listened to this album about 800 times in my life. Haha.

Apples to apples, you can’t go wrong with the MoFi for basically 1/3rd the price. It’s a home run. If this record is as important to you as it is to me, you deserve to hear the UHQR cut. It’s exhilarating.

One day I will grab KG’s take as well! Can you ever really have enough Kind Of Blue?
Which UHQR 33 or 45?

As predicted based on my running out of patience and pulling the trigger, Reminicent Suite is getting a reissue.

I’ve had mixed results with BBE and love the copy I bought, so no regrets on my purchase. But imho Reminicent Suite is an excellent album so fyi for those interested.
This is a fabulous record. I know OG's are pricey, but well worth it. The BBE won't be analog and can't sound near as good as the superlative OG Victor.
But otherwise, this album needs to be heard, even if it is BBE.

Back