Jazz

I just received this.
Took like 3 wks but confirmed it is the 2002 RTI pressing from the original plates on the OJC.
Sounds very nice.

Moonbeams Amazon.com

Amazon product ASIN B000000YNY
Thanks. I just looked this up since it's one of the few Bill Evans LPs I don't own. Maybe you all know this already, but I no idea that the woman on the cover is Nico.

Greg Foat & Gigi Masin were fantastic last night for our first show from the London Jazz Festival. They were accompanied by Daniel Casimir and Moses Boyd performing the whole of their album Dolphin plus extras. Nearly 2 hours of blissfully soulful downtempo Balearic jazz with hints of synthwave weaving throughout. It’s knocking on winter here but last night’s show left me feeling like I was beside a pool in the sun with a nice cold beer. Great show.

IMG_1771.jpeg

There’s a whole “Craft essentials” series apparently coming out in Europe at least.
I've seen a few of these listed recently, largely made up of the Coltrane Prestige catalogue, Art Pepper, Wes Montgomery, a few others I think. They're priced around £26 which is a big improvement on the OJC reissues which have been pretty expensive over here.

On that btw, @Selaws and other UKers, it looks like Craft have reopened their UK web store and the OJCs seem quite a bit cheaper on here than I've seen them in other stores. They also have a 10% reduction on 2 LPs ordered, 15% for 4.

Back