Jazz

Thanks once again to the usual N&G suspects. When I got the email from Blue Note and spun the wheel once, I got 20% off and thought here we go again with the rigged UDiscover wheel. But alas, a few $50s rolled in, though I never did spin a $100.

I was waiting for the Target sale to go for my recent wantlist of Classics and Tone Poets, but this is just as good if not better.

I ended up with these nine albums for $110 across 5 orders (so about $12 each):

1. Jackie McLean — Demon’s Dance
2. Hank Mobley — Caddy for Daddy
3. Horace Parlan — Speakin’ My Piece
4. Sam Rivers — Fuchsia Swing Song
5. Thad Jones — Detroit New York Junction
6. Dizzy Reece — Star Bright
7. Johnny Coles — Little Johnny C
8. Hank Mobley — No Room for Squares
9. Anthony Williams — Spring

Also, NYC winter jazz fest in NYC lineup announced.

geebus. 6 Shabaka performances including collabs with Esperanza Spaulding and Saul Williams.

Celebrating Mtume: A Journey Through Alkebu-Lan
(Land of The Blacks) — A Night at the East

Tribute to Mtume Umoja Ensemble’s revered 1972 album
featuring Gary Bartz, Billy Hart, Shabaka, Moor Mother,

- Brandee Younger Trio performing music of Alice Coltrane

- Irreversible Entanglements
- Brandee Younger Trio performing music of Alice Coltrane

• My Words Are Music: A Celebration of Sun Ra’s Poetry,

“TAKE TWO” — A Listening Experience with TYSHAWN SOREY:
Hear Max Roach’s full 1968 Atlantic album Members, Don’t Git Weary,
Plus live reinterpretation by Tyshawn Sorey feat. Adam O’Farrill, Mark Shim, Sullivan Fortner, Matt Brewer
My goodness that is an unbelievable lineup. Overall, I’ve not regretted moving to Boston (I still to go to NY for work) and am good with the trade — but these moments make my heart hurt.

My goodness that is an unbelievable lineup. Overall, I’ve not regretted moving to Boston (I still to go to NY for work) and am good with the trade — but these moments make my heart hurt.
Anyone here partaken in NYC Winter Jazz Fest? Particularly the Manhattan + Brooklyn marathons? How are those/whatre those?

Back