Jazz

im finding the electric period of miles to be a bit too... difficult? eclectic? less vibey? like it doesn't feel like adding rock to jazz or jazzing up rock and more a confusing cacophony.. its not really the best to zone out on or feel the mood of... i feel like I appreciate the adventurous experimentation, but I don't enjoy listening to it is the thing

im finding the electric period of miles to be a bit too... difficult? eclectic? less vibey? like it doesn't feel like adding rock to jazz or jazzing up rock and more a confusing cacophony.. its not really the best to zone out on or feel the mood of... i feel like I appreciate the adventurous experimentation, but I don't enjoy listening to it is the thing
this is very much how i felt about it for like, 10, 15 years. it may never be for you, maybe one day it will be, who knows?

this is very much how i felt about it for like, 10, 15 years. it may never be for you, maybe one day it will be, who knows?
all i know is that though get up with its "he loved him madly" and in a silent way are pretty good, I am not buying the 350 dollar box set

oh no hell no, if you're not feeling it that's just $350 that is better spent elsewhere
totally buying that 55 buck pharoah box tho...that album is almost perfectly what I want.. something that can kinda work like an acoustic ambient piece.. where you get the emotional power of the sax and trumpets as well as the mild fusion elements of the guitar.

that and stretch music (which was more electronics mixed with traditional jazz orchestration) have been the easy standouts of my jazz listening... maybe I need to look more into the post bop or spiritual style instead of the fusion style. since other fusion recommendations didn't ring with me (comet is coming was good but kinda felt a bit weird for me)

totally buying that 55 buck pharoah box tho...that album is almost perfectly what I want.. something that can kinda work like an acoustic ambient piece.. where you get the emotional power of the sax and trumpets as well as the mild fusion elements of the guitar.

that and stretch music (which was more electronics mixed with traditional jazz orchestration) have been the easy standouts of my jazz listening... maybe I need to look more into the post bop or spiritual style instead of the fusion style. since other fusion recommendations didn't ring with me (comet is coming was good but kinda felt a bit weird for me)
Which Pharoh box ya talking about?

OMG it’s true!!!! This is gonna be a ton of music I haven’t listened to in years!

View attachment 183244
Same. And also a ton I haven’t heard yet. His output is astronomical. I feel like I’ve heard so much of it, but there’s still much more I haven’t heard. I didn’t live in NYC, but in late 90s and early 2000s I was in NYC for business a lot and would hit Knitting Factory and Tonic as often as possible. I missed the OG “downtown” scene of the 80s and early 90s but feel lucky to have caught some of it in the later years.

What a sh1tshow for Shabaka - I logged on early, got put in a waiting room, waited until 10.04 and they'd already sold out. Grrr

Exactly the same for me. I logged in an hour before as I was in the office anyway. Finally got through and sold out.
Haha! At least you two remembered! I just remembered now and it seems we’re all in good company and remain ticketless. Oh well, I’ll try regular sale on Friday.

Back