Jazz

Same. And also a ton I haven’t heard yet. His output is astronomical. I feel like I’ve heard so much of it, but there’s still much more I haven’t heard. I didn’t live in NYC, but in late 90s and early 2000s I was in NYC for business a lot and would hit Knitting Factory and Tonic as often as possible. I missed the OG “downtown” scene of the 80s and early 90s but feel lucky to have caught some of it in the later years.
We were probably in the same room at the same time. I interned at the knitting factory right around the time Zorn became disillusioned with it and made Roulette.

Just his output alone really is an endless amount of music. It could last a lifetime.

I think I’m going to look into streaming hardware For my system because if this.

We were probably in the same room at the same time. I interned at the knitting factory right around the time Zorn became disillusioned with it and made Roulette.

Just his output alone really is an endless amount of music. It could last a lifetime.

I think I’m going to look into streaming hardware For my system because if this.
Those of us in the bluesound ecosystem are fans, you could always go cheaper, people dig the wiim or fancy with the Eversolo or Fiio

Those of us in the bluesound ecosystem are fans, you could always go cheaper, people dig the wiim or fancy with the Eversolo or Fiio
I assume there's already a thread or 5 in the gear subforum. I know you can make those grateful dead time machine streamers point to whatever archive.org stuff you want to, i wonder if you could make it stream nothing but zorn.

I assume there's already a thread or 5 in the gear subforum. I know you can make those grateful dead time machine streamers point to whatever archive.org stuff you want to, i wonder if you could make it stream nothing but zorn.
There is a whole digital thread where most of it is. I assume there are a few outside of that thread.

Nice release from ORG for RSD BF. Not listed on the UK list so hopefully a few get imported.

For those of you seeking more Polish jazz in your life, I really dug these guys' debut two years ago and am really digging this new one now...

Yes, looking to pick this up when I go on a Polish jazz digging trip next month. Can't wait to hear the second installment of Tomasz Stanko's Wooden Music too (first teaser track out today). You heard Immortal Onion too? Maybe my 2nd faves of current Polish jazz behind EABS

Last edited:
Just heard another straight lift of a jazz melody turned into the base of a rock 'n roll song. Tim Buckley's "Strange Feelin'" borrows very heavily, heck, it's a straight copy, of the loping bass line of Miles Davis's "All Blues".

I attended a concert featuring Joshua Redman this past Friday. After hearing the songs at the concert, I’m listening to the new studio album “Where Are We” now. A very solid debut on Blue Note!

His live rendition of Coltrane’s “Alabama” was enthralling; the album version is a bit more subdued.

Just heard another straight lift of a jazz melody turned into the base of a rock 'n roll song. Tim Buckley's "Strange Feelin'" borrows very heavily, heck, it's a straight copy, of the loping bass line of Miles Davis's "All Blues".
That Tim Buckley album rips, but yeah I def hear what you’re sayiny

Back