Jazz

Here’s a fun one. Picked this up for $20 on discogs the other day. Was marked as G but the comments said plays clean…and said something about how they would rather undergrade than overgrade…

IMG_8728.jpeg

Came in today and it’s an RVG mono deep groove. Very little surface noise on my stereo cart so I imagine some of that would go away with a mono cart. Some light scuffs but nothing that affects playback too bad. Really pleasantly surprised by this one. Sleeve has about a 1.5” seam split on top but otherwise in good shape with a nice shine to it!

Also got a promo Kendun cut of Alice Coltrane - Transfiguration

Here’s a fun one. Picked this up for $20 on discogs the other day. Was marked as G but the comments said plays clean…and said something about how they would rather undergrade than overgrade…

View attachment 179685

Came in today and it’s an RVG mono deep groove. Very little surface noise on my stereo cart so I imagine some of that would go away with a mono cart. Some light scuffs but nothing that affects playback too bad. Really pleasantly surprised by this one. Sleeve has about a 1.5” seam split on top but otherwise in good shape with a nice shine to it!

Also got a promo Kendun cut of Alice Coltrane - Transfiguration

Beaut!

Some spectacular playing, a very good pressing and best of all, it’s cheap!
View attachment 179878
Muse!! Really wish somebody would reissue some of their work but someone was telling me it’s nearly impossible to license from them!

Muse!! Really wish somebody would reissue some of their work but someone was telling me it’s nearly impossible to license from them!
Fortunately most Muse originals can be found for very reasonable prices.

Muse catalog has changed hands a number of times, currently residing with Nippon Columbia. I would expect the tapes are in Japan, as new owners take custody right away.

Fortunately most Muse originals can be found for very reasonable prices.

Muse catalog has changed hands a number of times, currently residing with Nippon Columbia. I would expect the tapes are in Japan, as new owners take custody right away.
The prices can be all over the place. But yes—quite a lot of titles are affordable! Great label. Unfortunately there are a bunch on my wantlist I can’t afford! Roy Brooks, Joe Bonner, Walt Barr, Joe Chambers and a bunch of others.

Back