Jazz

Yeah, same here.

@MikeH and I were talking about this earlier in the thread, but the guy asking $330 bought that last week from a great shop here in NJ, who always prices stuff very fairly. They probably had it for around $200 or just below. He bought it just to flip.

I actually messaged him and asked how much they charged and he got all offended that I even knew he bought it there. Told him if he’s going to flip records from a shop, he should probably remove the very obvious description card they place on all of their wall records, with their shop name on it. Hope he has to hold on to that for a loss now.
May I ask what shop? Roll through a few times a year and would love to do a flip - always happy to support shops who get it. There are sadly plenty who don't! I was in Charleston, SC a couple weeks ago and a shop had new stock of Blue Note Classics for $40 and Tone Poets for $50. Promptly walked out.

May I ask what shop? Roll through a few times a year and would love to do a flip - always happy to support shops who get it. There are sadly plenty who don't! I was in Charleston, SC a couple weeks ago and a shop had new stock of Blue Note Classics for $40 and Tone Poets for $50. Promptly walked out.
Station One in NJ.

New compilation of the Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra (with Horace Tapscott) with 1 track from each decade. Its a 2LP set with 6 tracks with the absolutely WILD price of £54.
View attachment 177711

Yep I talked to the guy at their Juneteenth gig. I was disappointed at the price.

Can you make to LA at the end of the month ?

Before I head over to the sale threads, anybody interested in purchasing a spun once Sonny Sharrock - Black Woman? The recent Superior Viaduct reissue. Nice cut from Golden and a good pressing as usual from them, but musically just a bit too wild for me! Ask The Ages is an all timer for me, but this one just veers too far. Lmk!

Umm I’d be interested. DM me!

If I remember well, you were after this release :

available at Dusty Groove as well

Jeff Bezos just sent me an email about my pre-order of Bill Evans Trio - Sunday at The Village Vanguard.
New delivery date is now Oct 31st to Nov 2nd. Anyone else?

It's a great listen, but I'm not so keen I'd pay that much for it.
Not gonna defend the price of the Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra 60 Years release bc it’s obviously expensive, but as an explanation, The Village is a tiny label working on a relative shoestring. I know small labels can put out cheaper records, but, today, a new local shop near me posted on Instagram that someone from The Village dropped off two copies.

I picked one up for $60, avoiding shipping and we have no state sales tax. I was happy to support a small shop and label and the band/musicians. Again, not defending and not trying to preach, but if I’m willing to pay $35 for a single Cars album to a mega corporation when there are plenty of cheaper great-sounding copies available, I feel ok spending $60 under these circumstances.

It helps that the music is great.

Not gonna defend the price of the Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra 60 Years release bc it’s obviously expensive, but as an explanation, The Village is a tiny label working on a relative shoestring. I know small labels can put out cheaper records, but, today, a new local shop near me posted on Instagram that someone from The Village dropped off two copies.

I picked one up for $60, avoiding shipping and we have no state sales tax. I was happy to support a small shop and label and the band/musicians. Again, not defending and not trying to preach, but if I’m willing to pay $35 for a single Cars album to a mega corporation when there are plenty of cheaper great-sounding copies available, I feel ok spending $60 under these circumstances.

It helps that the music is great.

I can fully dig it.

And the yacht he rode in on!
7tenws.jpg

Yusef Lateef really didn’t play a single note that wasn’t perfectly placed on Don’t Blame Me. Always have to pause when that song comes on.

What are other jazz songs that you feel you know every twist and turn on?

Back