Jazz

Dutch sites have been posting the RSD list for 2021.

I just did a run through to pull out some of the jazz releases:

Barney Wilen - La Note Bleue A 2LP set.
Bill Evans - Behind the Dikes: The 1969 Netherlands Recordings A 3LP set from Elemental. I smell Zev Feldman's involvement.
Charlie Parker - Bird In LA A 4LP set.
Chet Baker - Cool Cat This link actually has a lot of info.
Frank Foster - Loud Minority
John Coltrane - Naima / My Favorite Things Not too sure what this is, I think its just a 12" single?
Kenny Dorham - Quiet Kenny Another unknown, just looks like a reissue?
Miles Davis Miles Davis Champions From The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions. I mentioned this before. @Poly-Rythmo the colour is awful.
Rahsaan Kirk Roland Live At Ronnie THIS IS KILLER! I haven't heard of the label before but this session is going to be blinding, it's legendary!
Salah Ragab & Cairo Jazz Egypt Strut This looks really interesting, going to dig deeper into it.
Thelonious Monk Palo Alto: The Custodian’s Mix They seem to be really milking this one.
Various Soho Scene ’67 (Jazz Goes Mod) I believe this is part of a series, with one set being released last year as well.

I think the Charlie Parker was originally slated for last year, there's a bit of info here:

I think the Charlie Parker was originally slated for last year, there's a bit of info here:

Ooooh unreleased stuff. I was expecting it to be reissued for some reason. Hard to imagine there is ANY unreleased Charlie Parker music by this point.

Nice line up on this Charles Lloyd one if it is indeed the same one Resonance put out in '14.

This looks great as well. Going to be an expensive few months!

Recommend the Steve Reid and Keiran Hebden Spirit Walk also although the original is still around for decent prices.

Dutch sites have been posting the RSD list for 2021.

I just did a run through to pull out some of the jazz releases:

Barney Wilen - La Note Bleue A 2LP set.
Bill Evans - Behind the Dikes: The 1969 Netherlands Recordings A 3LP set from Elemental. I smell Zev Feldman's involvement.
Charlie Parker - Bird In LA A 4LP set.
Chet Baker - Cool Cat This link actually has a lot of info.
Frank Foster - Loud Minority
John Coltrane - Naima / My Favorite Things Not too sure what this is, I think its just a 12" single?
Kenny Dorham - Quiet Kenny Another unknown, just looks like a reissue?
Miles Davis Miles Davis Champions From The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions. I mentioned this before. @Poly-Rythmo the colour is awful.
Rahsaan Kirk Roland Live At Ronnie THIS IS KILLER! I haven't heard of the label before but this session is going to be blinding, it's legendary!
Salah Ragab & Cairo Jazz Egypt Strut This looks really interesting, going to dig deeper into it.
Thelonious Monk Palo Alto: The Custodian’s Mix They seem to be really milking this one.
Various Soho Scene ’67 (Jazz Goes Mod) I believe this is part of a series, with one set being released last year as well.

The Rahsaan Roland Kirk is a no brainer, it's a Gearbox release, I guess I'll have to grow a beard and work on my hipster style.

Some details on the Ron Carter

This is going to be a must cop. Are these typically only available in store?
It's typically available in store on RSD, but several larger record stores do put leftovers on their sites. I'm not sure what CA is going to look like in June but here in NOLA everything is still restricted but opening up.

Gah, hopefully Quiet Kenny doesn't pull a Craft One-Step on us.
Most stores will say what time their stock goes online. It's been easier for me to get RSD stuff since it went online than when it was limited to physical stores.

It's typically available in store on RSD, but several larger record stores do put leftovers on their sites. I'm not sure what CA is going to look like in June but here in NOLA everything is still restricted but opening up.
i'd be pretty surprised if they get rid of online sales this round of RSD. last few RSD during COVID, nearly every store put their stock online. smaller shops without a website often put copies up on their discogs too.

i'd be pretty surprised if they get rid of online sales this round of RSD. last few RSD during COVID, nearly every store put their stock online. smaller shops without a website often put copies up on their discogs too.
I believe the intent at this point is to be in-store, with the usual rules that online left overs can only go online at 6pm. It may change. If the RSD people catch things on Discogs before that and can track them back to a store, they get banned from future participation.

Back