Jazz

Just pulled the trigger on an 80’s OJC of Bill Evan’s interplay that’s apparently still sealed and a mint copy of that In A Silent Way white vinyl copy floating around. Was it you that recently got that Miles @MikeH ? Get the feeling once those are gone they’re going to be hard to get so affordable. Got mine for just over $36!

Just pulled the trigger on an 80’s OJC of Bill Evan’s interplay that’s apparently still sealed and a mint copy of that In A Silent Way white vinyl copy floating around. Was it you that recently got that Miles @MikeH ? Get the feeling once those are gone they’re going to be hard to get so affordable. Got mine for just over $36!
Not me! I have the MoFi of In A Silent Way. I think I remember somebody here getting it though!

Błoto - Kwasy i zasady

If anybody grabbed an extra of the limited edition LP and is willing to part with it, please let me know. 🙏

Depending on the artist, but there are Coltrane and Monk estates that look after their contracts with Prestige. Often the estates are still family held.

Though of course it does not mean all the members get along with each other, take a look at the Aretha Franklin estate.

Came across these two while out digging. I’m particularly excited about the Blossom Dearie, it’s an original 1st press, sleeve is beat to hell but the disc looked clean! This Blossom album has some of my favorite songs of hers so I’m excited to give it a listen. The Gerry Mulligan is a 1st Press 6 eye mono that also looks very clean! image.jpg

Came across these two while out digging. I’m particularly excited about the Blossom Dearie, it’s an original 1st press, sleeve is beat to hell but the disc looked clean! This Blossom album has some of my favorite songs of hers so I’m excited to give it a listen. The Gerry Mulligan is a 1st Press 6 eye mono that also looks very clean! View attachment 94289

I'm even impressed with your Time Life Swing Box sets in the background, those are some very good recordings you can usually pick up at a thrift for next to nothing.

I'm even impressed with your Time Life Swing Box sets in the background, those are some very good recordings you can usually pick up at a thrift for next to nothing.
I got the entire set from a coworker who was thankful I switched shifts with him a few years ago 😂. I actually play them decently frequently, as you said, very well recorded and I they did a great job at keeping the music as faithful to the originals as possible. Love throwing them on

I got the entire set from a coworker who was thankful I switched shifts with him a few years ago 😂. I actually play them decently frequently, as you said, very well recorded and I they did a great job at keeping the music as faithful to the originals as possible. Love throwing them on

I have had 3 or 4 sets of those over the years, and gave them away to friends just getting into jazz or vinyl. There usually mint/unplayed. Going to have to get mine out soon. People must of bought these along with there encyclopedia's :p

That poses an interesting question about how BC Friday works in a case like this. Where does the money go that's not going to bandcamp?
In the case of Prestige, now owned ultimately by Universal, every penny goes to the label.
Prestige contracts did not give much in the way of rights. The artist was paid a session fee and Bob Weinstock held all the rights to the recordings. Royalties on the songs - publishing rights - usually go to the artist or estate, but some companies way back took those too, although most have reverted.
BC Friday gives the Coltrane and Monk estates a bit of publishing royalties for their compositions, but nothing else.

Any recent pressings of Ella and Louis worth getting btw ? The 2013 Verve still available seems to have good reviews.

Back