Jazz

Managed to grab one as well on the Uk store. They bumped up the price a little from the Coltrane, felt like quite a lot more without any discount.

@Selaws did you stick with the international pre-order or try & get one from the UK store? Was the shipping reasonable?

Managed to grab one as well on the Uk store. They bumped up the price a little from the Coltrane, felt like quite a lot more without any discount.

@Selaws did you stick with the international pre-order or try & get one from the UK store? Was the shipping reasonable?
I went with the international in the end. To be honest, after getting the preorder in at 3pm I totally forgot to try on their UK store and cancel the US one (which they suggested).

Interestingly, the US came to £85 total including shipping. The UK looked to be £84.99, presumably with shipping on top. So fractionally cheaper to have bought from the US, although the shipping time will obviously be a lot longer.

I went with the international in the end. To be honest, after getting the preorder in at 3pm I totally forgot to try on their UK store and cancel the US one (which they suggested).

Interestingly, the US came to £85 total including shipping. The UK looked to be £84.99, presumably with shipping on top. So fractionally cheaper to have bought from the US, although the shipping time will obviously be a lot longer.

Definitely cheaper on the US site then, good to know for next time that it is in the same ball park.

I paid £7 shipping, I think you could get it for £5 but thought it was worth spending an extra £2 to get tracking this time. I don't usually tbh.

looking forward to this

Sweet, I just popped on their facebook and they have shared another as well.

As a heads up, they have announced and released photos of 3 vinyl releases which will be announced officially soon for pre-order. The Ian Carr EP (which is a 10"), the Mike Gibbs album (shown below) and another which I won't share here until they put it on their social media. But all look to be fantastic releases in my opinion!

0024219707_10.jpg

This is a high-price item at 6 LPs for $179.99, but less than current discogs prices, so might be of interest to some:

crosspost from Fresh Grabs: Absolute steal at the local today. Came across a long out of stock SEALED Sam’s Record pressed at QRP for $21!?! The MSRP on this pressing was nearly $30 and that doesn’t even factor in shipping from Europe lol. Current cheapest copy on cogs is floating right around $100. I thought I was seeing things at first glimpse of that beautiful beautiful gold sticker, then the price tag made me feel like I was about to commit a criminal act.

37AF20CE-A6E6-4CC6-B18D-5806AEB9CA9A.jpeg

crosspost from Fresh Grabs: Absolute steal at the local today. Came across a long out of stock SEALED Sam’s Record pressed at QRP for $21!?! The MSRP on this pressing was nearly $30 and that doesn’t even factor in shipping from Europe lol. Current cheapest copy on cogs is floating right around $100. I thought I was seeing things at first glimpse of that beautiful beautiful gold sticker, then the price tag made me feel like I was about to commit a criminal act.

View attachment 93550
Fantastic album! Great find for sure!

View attachment 93550
Awesome! Amazing to me that you could find something like that in the wild, in the US! (I have a copy and don't remember there being a QRP sticker.)

EDIT: The copy I have is this one: Thelonious Monk – Les Liaisons Dangereuses 1960 (2017, 200 Gram, Vinyl)

And it was pressed at QRP. Apparently limited to 1000 and pressed exclusively for Acoustic Sounds. I don't think Sam Records has done that for any of his other titles.

Last edited:

View attachment 93550

I'm going to play my cd's this week, thanks for the reminder!

View attachment 93550

Nice! What store was that at?

Going Underground Records in East Hollywood. Great staff and great curation, I frequently find gems there. They price incredibly well, most of the stuff I find there is well under the Discogs median tbh

I was there like 2 days ago! Didn’t see that one although I already have it. I agree— great store and they’ve been doing really lately.

Really interesting to see them bring people like D Double E on board with this album. I've seen them a few times and the last time, summer 2019, they brought him on stage to perform a track (maybe it was this one??) and it actually worked really well. They played off each other and brought tons of energy.

Vinyl copies are up for pre-order now, coloured or black.

Really interesting to see them bring people like D Double E on board with this album. I've seen them a few times and the last time, summer 2019, they brought him on stage to perform a track (maybe it was this one??) and it actually worked really well. They played off each other and brought tons of energy.

Vinyl copies are up for pre-order now, coloured or black.

Another link and site...nothing US though yet

Back