Jazz

I had an early listen to the next 2 Jazz In Britain releases today and they are FANTASTIC!

Mike Gibbs - Revisiting Tanglewood 63: The Early Tapes is a psychedelic big band that mixes jazz, rock and avant garde. The sound is absolutely stunning. I was listening through headphones and was seriously blown away, I just hope the vinyl pressing matches it as it is killer!

Ian Carr - Solar Session is a smaller group that focuses on brass instruments with a lick of experimentation. It's another belter.

Probably of interest to a few on here, and definitely a real steal for the UK folks, but Jazzmessengers have re-stocked some of the SAM records titles & included a few of the really early ones.

edit - I've wanted a copy of this for ages, pretty much just for the cover (but also a pretty great line up)

edit - also available from Fred at the Sam records site

I hope he re-issues more of the early releases

Last edited:
Probably of interest to a few on here, and definitely a real steal for the UK folks, but Jazzmessengers have re-stocked some of the SAM records titles & included a few of the really early ones.

edit - I've wanted a copy of this for ages, pretty much just for the cover (but also a pretty great line up)

edit - also available from Fred at the Sam records site

I hope he re-issues more of the early releases
Fantastic! Thanks for this. I literally almost put an order in through Discogs for the Ronnell Bright Trio after trying to find a copy for the best part of a year. Full Sam Record set now.

Well I certainly believed it, as unbelievable (in terms of players) as it was. It's a very cool story haha, even if Brubeck did get thrown under the bus.
Imagine if that album existed, I would’ve been over the moon 😭😭😭

Back