Jazz

I was just looking at Coltrane’s discography on Allmusic... is there a chronology of when his albums were recorded somewhere?
Idk that there's a chronologically listed order of his albums somewhere, but the Wikipedia discography at least puts the recording date at the beginning of each listing so it's easy to keep track of.

And there's this list of recordings sessions in chronological order here:

A documentary "Jazz on a Summer's Day" is available for streaming. The doc captures a view of the 1959 Newport jazz fest (via Film Forum): Jazz on a Summer's Day

I'm not sure of availability outside of the US.

The initiative is in support of the theater Film Forum in NY. However, I do believe that many of you if on vacation in NY and walking down the street in August (when it can be quite hot) would potentially going in to see a beautiful remastered documentary on Jazz :)

Here's a review from 2016 that captures the pros (many) and cons (missed great performances, skews white/safe) https://www.newyorker.com/culture/r...umentary-that-honors-and-insults-the-art-form

A documentary "Jazz on a Summer's Day" is available for streaming. The doc captures a view of the 1959 Newport jazz fest (via Film Forum): Jazz on a Summer's Day

I'm not sure of availability outside of the US.

The initiative is in support of the theater Film Forum in NY. However, I do believe that many of you if on vacation in NY and walking down the street in August (when it can be quite hot) would potentially going in to see a beautiful remastered documentary on Jazz :)

Here's a review from 2016 that captures the pros (many) and cons (missed great performances, skews white/safe) https://www.newyorker.com/culture/r...umentary-that-honors-and-insults-the-art-form
I saw this at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts last year, a real treat to see on the big screen.

Just putting this out there: if you can, pick up a copy of Pharoah Sanders, Welcome to Love. The closer on that album, The Bird Song is simply some of the most beautiful playing of his remarkable life. It is seven minutes unaccompanied and it's just breathtaking.

It is on Qobuz, but oh God, so well worth owning.

Just putting this out there: if you can, pick up a copy of Pharoah Sanders, Welcome to Love. The closer on that album, The Bird Song is simply some of the most beautiful playing of his remarkable life. It is seven minutes unaccompanied and it's just breathtaking.

It is on Qobuz, but oh God, so well worth owning.

It's amazing.

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 00.44.58.png

Definitely a slippery slope. I have 3 or 4 in my collection and love them.

Yeah, just put an order for a NM 1983 CBS japanese KoB for 30€, shipping included. Maybe not my last order there in the next few months.

Moanin' was 50€ shipping included, so pretty much audiophile prices right now, but with an added flavor.

For any Ebi Soda fans (especially those outside the UK).... Just got a note that they are giving free worldwide shipping on pre orders of their latest project.

View attachment 54974

Anyone else take them up on this? I did and its running a couple of weeks overdue now. I tried getting in touch yesterday but have heard nothing back yet. Wondering if anyone else has received it yet?

Anyone else take them up on this? I did and its running a couple of weeks overdue now. I tried getting in touch yesterday but have heard nothing back yet. Wondering if anyone else has received it yet?
I bought this too and haven't heard a peep. I see it doesn't even have a release date on Juno so I wasn't stressing yet. I'm not a great one for preorders but due to Bandcamp Friday I've bought a few and am waiting for them all! Quin Kirchner is probably the longest wait, and the one I want the most...

I bought this too and haven't heard a peep. I see it doesn't even have a release date on Juno so I wasn't stressing yet. I'm not a great one for preorders but due to Bandcamp Friday I've bought a few and am waiting for them all! Quin Kirchner is probably the longest wait, and the one I want the most...

I'm waiting on Quin too but at least they've updated their site to acknowledge a delay. I kind of hate how slack some of the Bandcampers are at keeping in touch with their customers. I've ended up making it a last resort place of purchase recently. Just got a Tenderlonious shipping notice at least today but even that's a bit after it got to the shops. Anyway, thanks, at least I'm not alone in missing this one.

I'm waiting on Quin too but at least they've updated their site to acknowledge a delay. I kind of hate how slack some of the Bandcampers are at keeping in touch with their customers. I've ended up making it a last resort place of purchase recently. Just got a Tenderlonious shipping notice at least today but even that's a bit after it got to the shops. Anyway, thanks, at least I'm not alone in missing this one.

I'm not too worried about Ebi Soda yet, but did have a bad experience with International Anthem on Bandacmp. I go in touch about a record defect and they never responded.

Flip side of that is WRWTFWW, They have great customer service on pre-orders, gave me updates on where things where and when to expect delivery, even gave a discount code to use because one pre-order was a while away.

I've not had anything either - actually forgot the shipping date was due. Had a quick look on their Instagram and they mention on one of the vinyl posts that they're experiencing delays with shipping. It would nice to get that info in an email, not worried about the record not turning up though.

Back