Jazz

Alright Jazz friends, officially rethinking this whole A Love Supreme thing especially after reading the book (about halfway through and really curious what the rest of The book is since the Quartet just played Antibes). What's the scoop on Africa/Brass? Is Wax Time seriously the only in print currently? Is there a reissue forthcoming? What's the pressing to keep my eye out for?

Alright Jazz friends, officially rethinking this whole A Love Supreme thing especially after reading the book (about halfway through and really curious what the rest of The book is since the Quartet just played Antibes). What's the scoop on Africa/Brass? Is Wax Time seriously the only in print currently? Is there a reissue forthcoming? What's the pressing to keep my eye out for?

The Coltrane release date has been pushed back, but it’s coming.

You could get a VG+ pressing with the RVG Stereo stamp for $50 from discogs or eBay if you keep a look out.

A few months ago I read a fantastic Grant Green biography written by his journalist daughter-in-law, Sharony Andrews Green. Grant had passed away before she met and married his son and it wasn't until later that she found out that Grant was a musician (and a respected one at that), so the biography is as much a story of her uncovering his legend as it is anything else.

I was just reading the booklet which came with the Resonance Records release, Live At Oil Can Harry's, and saw a reference to the 'Grant Green documentary by Sharony Andrews Green'. I assumed they meant biography, but lo and behold there is also a feature-length documentary as well. It appears that its available through youtube in 3-parts, so im going to be watching that later tonight:

A few months ago I read a fantastic Grant Green biography written by his journalist daughter-in-law, Sharony Andrews Green. Grant had passed away before she met and married his son and it wasn't until later that she found out that Grant was a musician (and a respected one at that), so the biography is as much a story of her uncovering his legend as it is anything else.

I was just reading the booklet which came with the Resonance Records release, Live At Oil Can Harry's, and saw a reference to the 'Grant Green documentary by Sharony Andrews Green'. I assumed they meant biography, but lo and behold there is also a feature-length documentary as well. It appears that its available through youtube in 3-parts, so im going to be watching that later tonight:

Oh thanks! I know what I am doing tonight :)

Man, gotta say the sleeper for me of this Verve/UME reissue series so far is that Sarah Vaughn record slated for release. Clifford Brown’s playing on there is just gorgeous 🔥
I just listened to it myself last night and I’d have to agree! What a wonderful listen.

I already knew I was going to be getting the Coltrane and Simone reissues. I’m going to have to add this to the list as well.

I just listened to it myself last night and I’d have to agree! What a wonderful listen.

I already knew I was going to be getting the Coltrane and Simone reissues. I’m going to have to add this to the list as well.
I seem to recall someone saying these reissues are popping up on Amazon significantly cheaper than Acoustic Sounds. Putting aside any feelings you have about Amazon as an organization, from a pure price perspective, is there any reason I need to pre-order these from AS?

I seem to recall someone saying these reissues are popping up on Amazon significantly cheaper than Acoustic Sounds. Putting aside any feelings you have about Amazon as an organization, from a pure price perspective, is there any reason I need to pre-order these from AS?
Not that I’m aware of. I’m considering ordering from Amazon myself...

watched it this morning. It was interesting that what people often talk about a simple lines are often hard to play. It’s like he specialized in the technique to play the way he played.

Back