Jazz

I can only answer number 1 -- if the item is backordered you can add to your cart and purchase, then you'll get a notification once it is processed. If it's something that is no longer available at all then they'll usually add a notification for it on the home page if it somehow returns to stock ('Back In stock' with a link to the items), or if you are subscribed to their emails you'll get the Back In stock notice there as well. That's how I found out about recent limited Blue Note restocks and also the Norah Jones collection
Buying now if it's out of stock locks in the price. I believe someone on here backordered the Blue Train AP and it locked in the price at $50 or so when it restocked even though AS bumped the price up to $75 on the restock.

As for #2, I'd say it depends on your setup. I like to think I have a pretty decent setup and don't notice a HUGE difference between 33 and 45 if the mastering is the same. All my jazz AP records do sound phenomenal though. I just picked up Something Else and Midnight Blue AP pressings from the memorial day sale and they sound amazing.

For #3--that's the Vital Vinyl reissue series. I have heard good things about the series but do not own any. They can usually be bought for around $20 so you might be able to find a better deal than AS unless you're bundling and getting free shipping from them.
Oliver Nelson -- I own both the Vital Vinyl release and the AP -- the AP is without question a substantial difference in quality -- enough so where the 45RPM trade-off for me is well worth it.

Thanks! I went with the AP 45RPM for Blues and Abstract Truth given these recommendations.

Also picked up:

and

Thanks! I went with the AP 45RPM for Blues and Abstract Truth given these recommendations.

Also picked up:

and

Awesome pickups! I don't think you'll be disappointed by that Miles. I am always singing Sam Records' praises wherever I can. They are one of the best jazz reissue labels in my opinion.

Does anyone know anything about this re-issue of Misterioso? Looks like a big discount on pre-order, but lacking on details.

When I put the Product Code into google it came up with this (which it states is Sony but according to Discogs there wasn't one that year). So looks to be a 2017 reissue according to their dating. If that's the case then there are only 2 options, a Jazz At 33 1/3rd pressing (decent for the price although its a release which was part of a magazine series so I doubt its this) or a Wax Time Pressing (avoid like the plague).

Oooh.. any recommendations?
Not really tbh, I got around to sampling the Ulrich Lask (didn't like this at all) and First Avenue (enjoyed but didn't feel like I needed it).

I don't know if you can have free shipping in Germany but I would give a look at Jazz Messengers in Spain. Their prices match or are even below ECM store prices and you have free shipping all over Europe for 30€ orders and more.

Not really tbh, I got around to sampling the Ulrich Lask (didn't like this at all) and First Avenue (enjoyed but didn't feel like I needed it).

I don't know if you can have free shipping in Germany but I would give a look at Jazz Messengers in Spain. Their prices match or are even below ECM store prices and you have free shipping all over Europe for 30€ orders and more.

Yeah the link I saw only had 3 items so I wasn't sure if it was just because I was on mobile.

To be honest their catalog is so vast and it's pretty easy for me to get the original pressings of these really cheap and they all sound fantastic.

On vinyl for the very first time is Peanuts Portraits, which collects the vivid musical cues that Guaraldi wrote for the cast of PEANUTS characters. With his evocative compositions, the artist added new dimensions to beloved regulars like Peppermint Patty, Schroeder, Sally and, of course, Charlie Brown. In addition to nine songs performed by Guaraldi, the album also includes two classic PEANUTS tunes recorded in the ’90s by pianist George Winston. Eight of the selections on Peanuts Portraits—including Winston’s renditions of “Linus And Lucy” and “Masked Marvel,” plus Guaraldi’s alternate takes of tracks like “Frieda (With The Naturally Curly Hair)” and “Charlie’s Blues”—will make their vinyl debut.

While Peanuts Portraits will be released across all major music retailers on black vinyl, fans can also find an exclusive edition of the album via Vinyl Me, Please. Limited to 1,000 copies, the LP will be pressed on 180-gram red vinyl.

Back