Jazz

Albert Ayler - New Grass
Absolutely killer album! I have a first UK pressing which I picked up a while ago on a whim. I read up on it quite a bit while waiting for it to arrive and it was apparently his most controversial and people called him a sell-out for incorporating other music in with the free-jazz......which is crazy because the music is amazing!!

Is the colour copy a third man exclusive or a rough trade? Do these ever become available in Europe or at RT UK?

Third Man Records is excited to announce their reissue of Albert Ayler's groundbreaking 1969 album New Grass, to be released on 180-gram vinyl on June 26. This will mark the first pressing of the album in nearly 40 years. Limited edition Coke bottle clear vinyl with opaque green wisps will be available at Third Man storefronts and select indie shops throughout the US (full list of stores TBA).

Judging by the TM website, it's one of their exclusives. US only.

This is out today: Sage Secrets (EP), by PYJÆN

I'm facebook friends with Dylan Jones and he's had a rollercoaster of a couple of years. His mental health has basically meant he had to stop playing with Ezra Collective and Joe Armon-Jones' band. He's a really talented player and a seemingly lovely guy and so I urge everyone to support him by ordering this EP. Limited to 100 copies!

I'm facebook friends with Dylan Jones and he's had a rollercoaster of a couple of years. His mental health has basically meant he had to stop playing with Ezra Collective and Joe Armon-Jones' band. He's a really talented player and a seemingly lovely guy and so I urge everyone to support him by ordering this EP. Limited to 100 copies!
Thanks for the update - and the sad/good news.

If you're ordering the new EP, I highly recommend throwing this record in your cart as well:

Wow :( Hope he will get better soon... I followed @phramenma suggestion and ordered both. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the update - and the sad/good news.

If you're ordering the new EP, I highly recommend throwing this record in your cart as well:

Thanks - just got both. I'd been waiting for a repress of PYJEAN, missed it the first go round. New single from the EP is sounding good and Blue Lab Beats are killing all of their features right now.

Good luck to Dylan as well. Hugely talented player!

For those that own the MFSL 45rpm Miles Davis - Sorcerer, does your copy have any issues with the records themselves?
I've gone through 2 brand new copies now, both had defects (small scratches/nicks) on disc 1 that caused ticks on playback, and both disc 1 and 2 had edge warps for both copies. Waiting for another replacement, but this is just baffling to me since I have most of the other MOFI Miles and no issues with those.

For those that own the MFSL 45rpm Miles Davis - Sorcerer, does your copy have any issues with the records themselves?
I've gone through 2 brand new copies now, both had defects (small scratches/nicks) on disc 1 that caused ticks on playback, and both disc 1 and 2 had edge warps for both copies. Waiting for another replacement, but this is just baffling to me since I have most of the other MOFI Miles and no issues with those.
I have the VMP Sorcerer so afraid I’m no help there. My other Miles are fine though!

Are any of you guys familiar with Tiny Grimes? I have spent the afternoon listening through 'The Complete Blue Note Forties Recordings Of Ike Quebec And John Hardee' mosaic box set and have been really impressed with Tiny Grimes throughout (he appears as a side-man for both musicians. He has a really bluesy sound thats fantastic. Listen to this track, Topsy - listen to around 1:35

Are any of you guys familiar with Tiny Grimes? I have spent the afternoon listening through 'The Complete Blue Note Forties Recordings Of Ike Quebec And John Hardee' mosaic box set and have been really impressed with Tiny Grimes throughout (he appears as a side-man for both musicians. He has a really bluesy sound thats fantastic. Listen to this track, Topsy - listen to around 1:35
My favorite tenor guitarist! Granted, there aren't too many of them...

Tiny's tempo is one of my all time favorite blues heads:

Back