Jazz

Does anyone here own the Three Blind Mice collection -- and.... How much to you recommend it? (1-5?) I don't know a lot about it, but have wanted to scratch the itch and elusive has a good price at the moment. Thanks for any guidance
Me and @Skalap have copies of this. It’s really really good and, I’m sure he will back me up here, but it’s certainly the best sounding reissue of any record I have. Really impressive sound quality.

Me and @Skalap have copies of this. It’s really really good and, I’m sure he will back me up here, but it’s certainly the best sounding reissue of any record I have. Really impressive sound quality.

I don't know if all the TBM records Impex reissued are as good as the compilation "The famous sound of..." but, I 100% agree with @Selaws, it's also the best sounding record of my collection. On a 1-5 scale, I give a 6.

I don't know if all the TBM records Impex reissued are as good as the compilation "The famous sound of..." but, I 100% agree with @Selaws, it's also the best sounding record of my collection. On a 1-5 scale, I give a 6.
Awesome. Thanks. Just pulled the trigger.

Side note: The both of you have have done a ton to expand the scope of my listening -- and given how much music means to me, that's a real boon. I'm grateful.

(Also, my wallet and shelf space would like you to leave the forum)

Side note: The both of you have have done a ton to expand the scope of my listening -- and given how much music means to me, that's a real boon. I'm grateful.

Glad to read that (except the last part). You can ignore me if if you need to eat or pay your bills at some time, I would understand 😜 Jokes aside, I should open a J-Jazz thread, it seems like there are more and more interest in this and quite a lot of records are reissued/repressed every month and need to be shared and discussed here.

Glad to read that (except the last part). You can ignore me if if you need to eat or pay your bills at some time, I would understand 😜 Jokes aside, I should open a J-Jazz thread, it seems like there are more and more interest in this and quite a lot of records are reissued/repressed every month and need to be shared and discussed here.
I'd be all for that....

Hi , I’ve got the 2 LP TBM Impex And it does sound good, but I find the music a bit uninspiring personally. But that’s just a taste thing, I prefer to listen to more challenging music for the most part these days, Sure you’ll enjoy the box though.
Does anyone here own the Three Blind Mice collection -- and.... How much to you recommend it? (1-5?) I don't know a lot about it, but have wanted to scratch the itch and elusive has a good price at the moment. Thanks for any guidance

Cheers to that!

I was a complete jazz novice before I joined the (old) forum and started reading up on the jazz thread. Now it dominates my turntable, spotify, etc. What I like most about this forum is the amount of collective knowledge everyone has. It makes it great when you need suggestions as there's likely to be at least one expert here.

I checked the price of the box on Elusive Disc and it took me 10 seconds to add the box to my cart. Then I went to the shipping options and it's, minimum, $70,72 to France 😔😔😔
I'd be happy to drop it in the post from Boston if that is a help. As long as I'm in town, I live in the city and so std shipping (USPS, FedEx) is only a couple of blocks away. I don't have close proximity to DHL/UPS.

Edit:. I'm sure I could make the last two work, it just might take me more than a day :) to get to...

I was a complete jazz novice before I joined the (old) forum and started reading up on the jazz thread. Now it dominates my turntable, spotify, etc. What I like most about this forum is the amount of collective knowledge everyone has. It makes it great when you need suggestions as there's likely to be at least one expert here.
This is the same for me. The forum really has helped my jazz-ucation, especially the Youtube videos that @seeirwin did

OK - we've talked about adding a J-Jazz thread in the forum for months now. I waited. And Waited. And waited some more. Finally - after I read @Skalap's post here - I decided it was time. So here it is: J-Jazz

I'm a novice in this area of jazz, but would love to learn more from some of the resident experts here. Here's what I need (I'm looking at you, @Skalap! @Selaws! @Mr Moore!) - do you have links to any good J-Jazz intro articles, overviews, lists, timelines? Let me know and I'll add them to the anchor post. It would be nice to have a general overview post for those just dipping their toes in to Japanese Jazz.

Thx

New Jazz guy here...curious what people think of the Jeff Goldblum albums?

I’m sure he’s pretty talented, never listened to to him. He may not be what diehard jazz fans are into. However it’s probably a good entry point. My first jazz cd back in the 90’s was that Natalie Cole big band album she did of her father’s songs. I listened to that a lot. It has since collected a lot of dust, but it got me to listen to Art Ensemble of Chicago...eventually.

I'd be happy to drop it in the post from Boston if that is a help. As long as I'm in town, I live in the city and so std shipping (USPS, FedEx) is only a couple of blocks away. I don't have close proximity to DHL/UPS.

Edit:. I'm sure I could make the last two work, it just might take me more than a day :) to get to...

Does this offer still stand? I really wanna order it, but $70 shipping is crazy, not to mention probably another 50 in taxes/customs fees.

Does this offer still stand? I really wanna order it, but $70 shipping is crazy, not to mention probably another 50 in taxes/customs fees.
Sure, I'm travelling a bunch this month for work and holidays so the timing might be a little wonky depending on when it gets to me -- but it is super easy for me to drop in the mail

Look what arrived this morning. The packaging and vinyl are beautiful and feel top knotch, record is quiet and sounds excellent. For 80 minutes of music across 3LPs I can’t even complain that it was $45. Very happy with this purchase!View attachment 21612
Nice one! I was pleasantly surprised at how well the smoke effect played out. From the mock up/sample photo I imagined it would come and just be coppery but it really does look smokey! Might end up listening to my copy tonight now 🤣

Back