Jazz

What other Miles do you have? Maybe you should look at getting some Other Miles on Mofi rather than getting another KOB, those 2nd Great Quintet albums are well worth it, ESP, Miles Smiles, Filles, Nefertiti etc, expand your horizons!
Look I'm not gunna lie, I'm probably still gunna get the MOFI. Because I'm me.

What other Miles do you have? Maybe you should look at getting some Other Miles on Mofi rather than getting another KOB, those 2nd Great Quintet albums are well worth it, ESP, Miles Smiles, Filles, Nefertiti etc, expand your horizons!

I know... I need all of them. I'm just trying to see if I can deal with NOT paying $100 CAD for the MOFI KOB, that's why I'm getting the Mono RSD. But I suspect I won't be able to. I currently have MOFI Bitches Brew, MOFI Sketches Of Spain, VMP Sorcerer, VMP Davis/Coltrane, Black Lion Bopping The Blues and the 2LP MOV of KOB... which is fine... but doesn't sound good enough in my mind to keep. I bought it back before I knew about some of the limitations of MOV presses, and before I upgraded my system to the point where I can REALLY hear the difference between a high res file, and a AAA analogue transfer.

Yeah No worries, it,s your money , haha , I don,t have the MOV but would be interested in what you think when you get the Mono, I,ve heard good things about that MOV KoB, and a lot of MOV pressings sound great .

I know... I need all of them. I'm just trying to see if I can deal with NOT paying $100 CAD for the MOFI KOB, that's why I'm getting the Mono RSD. But I suspect I won't be able to. I currently have MOFI Bitches Brew, MOFI Sketches Of Spain, VMP Sorcerer, VMP Davis/Coltrane, Black Lion Bopping The Blues and the 2LP MOV of KOB... which is fine... but doesn't sound good enough in my mind to keep. I bought it back before I knew about some of the limitations of MOV presses, and before I upgraded my system to the point where I can REALLY hear the difference between a high res file, and a AAA analogue transfer.

Yeah No worries, it,s your money , haha , I don,t have the MOV but would be interested in what you think when you get the Mono, I,ve heard good things about that MOV KoB, and a lot of MOV pressings sound great .
The 2 LP MOV is fine, it's dead silent and sounds... good, it's not bad by any stretch it just doesn't have the staging and dynamics that you get from a good analogue transfer. I mean who knows, maybe the mono won't sound much better, I'm not familiar enough with different pressings of KOB to know what a "good" one should sound like... But I'm willing to bet there's a reason I haven't seen the MOV pressing held up anywhere as an example of a high quality KOB press...

It,s a pretty good recording and does sound good, so will be interested in your take, I`m not sure sure it was cut from the master though (MONO Sterling) When I get back home I should do a comparrison between Mono CD and this and see how they compare .

Alright Jazz Heads, Kind Of Blue question here. I just discovered there's a RSD Mono press of KOB mastered by Ryan Smith for Sony that from what I can tell is supposed to be fantastic... and of course there's also the MOFI stereo. I currently have the MOV 2 LP version which is fine but really not up to par on what I want this to sound like coming out of my speakers. Do any of you have the MOFI and the Mono RKS Sony that could tell me just how close these are. Or should I just forget about it and do what I and everyone on here who knows me KNOWS that I'm gunna do and just buy the MOFI and be done with it?

But seriously I am curious about the Mono version...
I have the MoFi version arriving in the mail tmm! Was able to snag one for $60 from Acoustic Sounds website. They’re still in stock over there! My philosophy is that KOD is one of those jazz records that needs to be splurged upon due to its larger than life presence. I also want to be able to put it on for jazz newbies in my apartment and have them be blown away by it just like how I was when I first discovered it. So I wanted to make sure I really got after as good of a copy as I could afford. I’ll lyk how it sounds tmm!

View attachment 17608

Preorder up for Chet Baker: The Legendary Riverside Albums [5 LP]
Plaid Room has the best price right now at $105
Damnit. I think I’m going to have to buy this. That’s a good price for 5 AAA records, and with Cher Baker Sings getting a repress next year this seems like a good way to round out a Chet collection. Time to spin up Spotify and see how these albums sit, I’m only familiar with It Could Happen to You

Oh , it sounds good alright !

I have the MoFi version arriving in the mail tmm! Was able to snag one for $60 from Acoustic Sounds website. They’re still in stock over there! My philosophy is that KOD is one of those jazz records that needs to be splurged upon due to its larger than life presence. I also want to be able to put it on for jazz newbies in my apartment and have them be blown away by it just like how I was when I first discovered it. So I wanted to make sure I really got after as good of a copy as I could afford. I’ll lyk how it sounds tmm!

Damnit. I think I’m going to have to buy this. That’s a good price for 5 AAA records, and with Cher Baker Sings getting a repress next year this seems like a good way to round out a Chet collection. Time to spin up Spotify and see how these albums sit, I’m only familiar with It Could Happen to You
I might get this too...I’m a big Chet fan and don’t own any of these on vinyl. I have quite a few others though and spin them frequently. My gf likes him too so that’s always an added bonus! And that’s a great price at Plaid Room.

Haven’t priced things out, but it seems that Craft Recordings is having a sale on their Prestige titles: buy two get one 50% off.

Are they AAA though? I haven't seen any mastering or pressing info.

Are they AAA though? I haven't seen any mastering or pressing info.
It will be interesting to see if these details are released soon. Locking in that $100 price would be nice...so I'm wondering if I could order now and cancel if more details are released and I'm not a fan? The box isn't even on Craft's site yet so my guess would be that more details are coming in the next few weeks.

It will be interesting to see if these details are released soon. Locking in that $100 price would be nice...so I'm wondering if I could order now and cancel if more details are released and I'm not a fan? The box isn't even on Craft's site yet so my guess would be that more details are coming in the next few weeks.

yeah I'm tempted to do this but then again, I do like Plaid Room and don't want to mess them up at all. I'm just gonna wait for details and hope the deal is still around.

Back