Jazz

Hey does anyone know anything about these Craft reissues? I'm looking at the Prestige presses and also some of the Stax titles. I see mixed comments, some say KG mastered and pressed at RTI all analogue. Any thoughts/info? Might just grab one and find out...
Craft tends to do good stuff.

The Stax reissues that are getting ready to hit were mastered from all analog by Jake Powell at Take Out Vinyl.

I don't see anything on the Prestige - weren't they one of the labels hit hard by the UMG fire?

If there are things of note they list them:

Question for all you discogs users.

I bought a record from Germany last week and it arrived at the weekend. Rather than being the 1956 first pressing (as listed), it was a 1990 repress, which also came bent in the corner (I have photos of the package prior to opening to show the bend). The seller has a good rating (98.7% 160 ratings) and I quickly messaged first thing Saturday morning to ask if he sent the wrong record (and if so I want the correct one), or if was listed incorrectly (in which case I would like a refund).

I haven't heard back yet (only been 3 days) but I just wondered what the typical process for this kind of thing is? Anyone had any similar experience?

I bought a record from Germany last week and it arrived at the weekend. Rather than being the 1956 first pressing (as listed), it was a 1990 repress, which also came bent in the corner (I have photos of the package prior to opening to show the bend). The seller has a good rating (98.7% 160 ratings) and I quickly messaged first thing Saturday morning to ask if he sent the wrong record (and if so I want the correct one), or if was listed incorrectly (in which case I would like a refund).

I haven't heard back yet (only been 3 days) but I just wondered what the typical process for this kind of thing is? Anyone had any similar experience?

I would send a new message in a couple of days, probably a third one a couple of days after but then open a dispute on Paypal (hoping you paid via Paypal).

I would send a new message in a couple of days, probably a third one a couple of days after but then open a dispute on Paypal (hoping you paid via Paypal).
Yeah, I paid through Paypal so I should be covered. I will do that then, I wasn't sure as to how long I wait until escalating it, but 3 messages seems sufficient!

The seller rating number is rather poor. You should limit yourself to over 99% with more than 500 transactions if you want to feel safe.

Send him one more message and if there's still no reply, start a seller not responding procedure: My Seller Isn’t Responding. What Should I Do?

If he doesn't reply back after that, file a Paypal claim.

Btw, the Coltrane/Ellington record has gotten a lot of interest in the past 12 hours, much to my dismay :(

I agree with everyone’s advice here except the part of buying only from people with 500+ transactions in the future. One reason I prefer Discogs is that it has lots of collectors like me on it who occasionally sell LPs and are not mega retail operations. Some of my best transactions have been with these folks — they rarely have 500+ sales but often do have 100% ratings.

Send him one more message and if there's still no reply, start a seller not responding procedure: My Seller Isn’t Responding. What Should I Do?

If he doesn't reply back after that, file a Paypal claim.

Btw, the Coltrane/Ellington record has gotten a lot of interest in the past 12 hours, much to my dismay :(

Madness of the day. I was bidding on a few pieces until the prices sky-rocketed. I cant quite believe what im seeing.

Zoot Sims - Zoot (Sims) Goes To Town
First up we have a Zoot Sims 10". Average on Discogs is £24 with a VG available for £50......goes for £102 on ebay.
Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 21.32.38.png

Lou Donaldson - Clifford Brown - New Faces – New Sounds
Lou Donaldson/Clifford Brown 10". Near Mint copy sold on discogs a few months ago for £74........goes for £108 on ebay.
Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 21.36.51.png

Gigi Gryce - Clifford Brown Sextet* - "Jazz Time Paris" Vol. 2
And finallly, saving the best for last. Gigi Gryce/Clifford Brown 10" averaging at £10......goes for £155 on ebay. WOW.
Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 21.30.00.png

If any of you guys were the ones to win these items then big congrats, they're certainly great albums. Goes to show the value on discogs isn't always what people are willing to pay. With that being said......I have an order pending on discogs (not included in the average) for the Gig Gryce/Clifford Brown.....I'm going to end up getting it for £13 inc shipping.

Finally on vinyl:

Angel Bat Dawid - The Oracle
angel-bat-dawid-the-oracle-lp_1024x1024.jpg

Madness of the day. I was bidding on a few pieces until the prices sky-rocketed. I cant quite believe what im seeing.

Zoot Sims - Zoot (Sims) Goes To Town
First up we have a Zoot Sims 10". Average on Discogs is £24 with a VG available for £50......goes for £102 on ebay.
View attachment 16629

Lou Donaldson - Clifford Brown - New Faces – New Sounds
Lou Donaldson/Clifford Brown 10". Near Mint copy sold on discogs a few months ago for £74........goes for £108 on ebay.
View attachment 16632

Gigi Gryce - Clifford Brown Sextet* - "Jazz Time Paris" Vol. 2
And finallly, saving the best for last. Gigi Gryce/Clifford Brown 10" averaging at £10......goes for £155 on ebay. WOW.
View attachment 16639

If any of you guys were the ones to win these items then big congrats, they're certainly great albums. Goes to show the value on discogs isn't always what people are willing to pay. With that being said......I have an order pending on discogs (not included in the average) for the Gig Gryce/Clifford Brown.....I'm going to end up getting it for £13 inc shipping.
I wouldn’t always go off discogs averages especially for records that have very few sales. It seems like these albums rarely pop up on discogs. eBay has gone either way for me...really cheap buys or albums that are easily available elsewhere are bid up to astronomical prices. I’ve seen MM pressings sell for 100+ on eBay when they are available for $50 on the MM site itself.

I wouldn’t always go off discogs averages especially for records that have very few sales. It seems like these albums rarely pop up on discogs. eBay has gone either way for me...really cheap buys or albums that are easily available elsewhere are bid up to astronomical prices. I’ve seen MM pressings sell for 100+ on eBay when they are available for $50 on the MM site itself.
The reason I posted about these 3 specifically was because most of them had sales within the past month or so, and 2 of the 3 were available on there at the time, for less than what it went for on ebay (similar to your MM example). Its just one of those things where I think people get carried away in an ebay frenzy. Brilliant if you are the seller though.

The reason I posted about these 3 specifically was because most of them had sales within the past month or so, and 2 of the 3 were available on there at the time, for less than what it went for on ebay (similar to your MM example). Its just one of those things where I think people get carried away in an ebay frenzy. Brilliant if you are the seller though.
I only saw one ever sold of that Gigi Gryce but forgot that discogs doesn’t regularly update those. It’s kind of crazy how popular older jazz pressings are getting again! I bought a lot of original pressings of Impulse! records and Blue Notes 5-10 years ago and never paid more than $30. Now even Connoisseur pressings are selling for $40!

I only saw one ever sold of that Gigi Gryce but forgot that discogs doesn’t regularly update those. It’s kind of crazy how popular older jazz pressings are getting again! I bought a lot of original pressings of Impulse! records and Blue Notes 5-10 years ago and never paid more than $30. Now even Connoisseur pressings are selling for $40!
Well this is the funny thing. There was one last night on there for £10......I had put a £10 bid on the ebay one, saw how high it was going and quickly went over to discogs and bought it (£13 total inc shipping). It hasn't been added to the discogs sold section yet though.

I wish I had a time machine haha

Well this is the funny thing. There was one last night on there for £10......I had put a £10 bid on the ebay one, saw how high it was going and quickly went over to discogs and bought it (£13 total inc shipping). It hasn't been added to the discogs sold section yet though.

I wish I had a time machine haha
I did that with George Braith's Extension the other week haha. eBay bids were going crazy on it, went over to discogs, offered somebody $25 for their copy that was listed at $35, they accepted and the ebay auction for the same album in worse condition ended up selling for $70+ on ebay hah.

Back