Jazz

I ended up buying the Elusive Disc version of Lateef. Afaik it's the same version only pressed on a different color. Pressed at RTI as well. Comes out to about the same price with shipping...
Since I resubbed for Blakey, ended up going with the VMP press personally. Good to know it’s out elsewhere too! I saw a Rough Trade variant too.

Yeah his collection is crazy, have you seen his wall of records? Madness. Plus he didnt even start out collecting jazz, he went for funk and soul. Hes a really cool dude, we've messaged back and forth a few times on instagram and hes given me a few great recommendations in the past.
Yea I almost bought a record from him but the prices were intense and I couldn’t justify paying the price when I could find the record in similar condition for way cheaper on discogs. He was super nice though. His collection is insane.

Wow, such a great album and the OG is eyewateringly expensive! Im going to wait until its release and hopefully pick them up in my local!
Sam records is seriously one of my reissue favorite labels. Their attention to detail on the reproductions is amazing. Jackets are top notch. Sound quality is really great and they visually inspect every record after it is pressed. I just picked up an 80’s mono repress of Volume 2 but would have held off if I had known they were repressing it!

Has anyone picked up any of the comps from BBE & IF Music? I have always been intrigued by them and the latest one is out now.

Heres a little video from IF Music owner, Jean Claude. I have been this shop many times (thanks to @Mr Moore for the tip yonks ago) and while he has some mind blowing stuff, its always way way way overpriced imo.

Has anyone picked up any of the comps from BBE & IF Music? I have always been intrigued by them and the latest one is out now.

Heres a little video from IF Music owner, Jean Claude. I have been this shop many times (thanks to @Mr Moore for the tip yonks ago) and while he has some mind blowing stuff, its always way way way overpriced imo.

I know a few have had the BBE J-Jazz comps (@Skalap) and I see @kafunis spinning some of the If comps.
Jean Claude is a bit of a nutter, lol and yeah, his stuff is very overpriced (but seems to sell so what do I know)?

I know a few have had the BBE J-Jazz comps (@Skalap) and I see @kafunis spinning some of the If comps.
Jean Claude is a bit of a nutter, lol and yeah, his stuff is very overpriced (but seems to sell so what do I know)?
Yeah I have the BBE J-Jazz comps and they are superb. Just wondered what the selection on these 'deep jazz' comps were like. I might just have to stream it first and see.

He obviously has great knowledge of jazz, but when I was last there he tried selling me a record and said to me "I know I have overpriced it but where else are you going to find this?"......the internet fool!

Yeah I have the BBE J-Jazz comps and they are superb. Just wondered what the selection on these 'deep jazz' comps were like. I might just have to stream it first and see.

He obviously has great knowledge of jazz, but when I was last there he tried selling me a record and said to me "I know I have overpriced it but where else are you going to find this?"......the internet fool!

Well, he actually made fun of Mr Moore and I when we met him, telling he thought we were the kind of guys who spend all their time on forums and never go outside :p

And now for something completely different:
0017266595_36.jpg

Could anyone vouch for an improved listening experience with a leather slipmat?

I’m so interested.
Their description makes it sound lovely.

Could anyone vouch for an improved listening experience with a leather slipmat?

I’m so interested.
Their description makes it sound lovely.

I've had a few different slipmat styles over the years and I can't honestly say there's much of a difference between them. Personally I use Herbie's Way Awesome mat mostly because I can just lift records on and off while it's still spinning (totally unnecessary on my deck but I do it anyway out of sheer laziness sometimes) and because I'm a full on audiophile-nervosa sort. But really I doubt you'll hear a huge difference, I'd just go for it if you're into the styling. That said, I've never used leather, so ymmv or whatever.

Back