Jazz

I believe Peter Brotzmann has died. Thanks for the music and the passion.

Damn! I saw him a couple times in the 90s, including an incredible, very intimate duo show with PB and Hamid Drake. They were such a good pair. I was more into PB’s style then than I am now. (I’ll take Hamid Drake any day, then and now and everything in between)

Great. Some of them are pretty good, don’t get Milestones though, get the KG from 2012ish , much better.
Treated myself to the 2023 Mobile Fidelity pressing of Miles Davis - 'Round About Midnight, and this thing is SILENT!

Excellent pressing, all the instruments sound fantastic.

Very happy with my first MoFi!

Great. Some of them are pretty good, don’t get Milestones though, get the KG from 2012ish , much better.
yea @jt4527 --those KG cuts are quite good as well. I really like most of the ones I have from this series:

I do like most of the Miles MoFis too, especially In A Silent Way.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 11.39.54 AM.png

Third Man Records and Blue Note Records are proud to announce the 313 Series Partnership, showcasing five Detroit-themed albums from the Blue Note catalog specially chosen for re-release by Blue Note Records President – and Detroiter – Don Was. The 313 Series Partnership will include such classic Blue Note titles as Thad Jones Detroit-New York Junction (1956), Donald Byrd Electric Byrd (1970), Elvin Jones Genesis (1971), a first-ever vinyl reissue of Kenny Cox and The Contemporary Jazz Quintet Multidirection (1969) and a first-ever vinyl release of Grant Green Live at Club Mozambique (1971). All five 180g vinyl releases in the Third Man-Blue Note 313 Series are newly remastered from the original tapes at Third Man’s Detroit mastering and pressing facility, where sound and mastering engineer Warren Defever and the Third Man team worked to ensure the closest possible approximation of the magic found on the original masters. Exclusive limited-edition color variants will be available via Third Man, Blue Note, and indie record stores, with 313 copies available per variant.

Last edited:

View attachment 176127

Third Man Records and Blue Note Records are proud to announce the 313 Series Partnership, showcasing five Detroit-themed albums from the Blue Note catalog specially chosen for re-release by Blue Note Records President – and Detroiter – Don Was. The 313 Series Partnership will include such classic Blue Note titles as Thad Jones Detroit-New York Junction (1956), Donald Byrd Electric Byrd (1970), Elvin Jones Genesis (1971), a first-ever vinyl reissue of Kenny Cox and The Contemporary Jazz Quintet Multidirection (1969) and a first-ever vinyl release of Grant Green Live at Club Mozambique (1971). All five 180g vinyl releases in the Third Man-Blue Note 313 Series are newly remastered from the original tapes at Third Man’s Detroit mastering and pressing facility, where sound and mastering engineer Warren Defever and the Third Man team worked to ensure the closest possible approximation of the magic found on the original masters. Exclusive limited-edition color variants will be available via Third Man, Blue Note, and indie record stores, with 313 copies available per variant.

Can you please let KG have a few hours of daylight to master these?

Can you please let KG have a few hours of daylight to master these?
8a488db5-4f64-487b-aab9-b7c60c195869_text.gif

Back