Jazz

The latest offering from Muriel Grossmann arrived today from RR GEMS in Estonia (@Skalap looks like things are moving).

Keen to listen to this but going to need a few days before I can get to it annoyingly.

View attachment 175024

Sent them an email yesterday. I hope it will land soon. Let me know how it sounds once you spin it.

Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Dorothy Ashby box set?

I saw Chris (Whatcanbrown) on Instagram gave it a rave review but not sure if he has listened to them yet.
i have it on order. FNAC has it for quite a good price. but it hasn't shipped yet. it was something like an $80+ savings to order through them as opposed to New Land.

i have been really wanting to get this and volume 1 but been holding off....buying way too many records lately and need to sell some. no shelf space left!

I definitely want to track down Vol. 1 at some point. That's gone from a soft want to a strong want after listening to Vol. 2!

This is huge and very predictable bc, not that long ago, I gave up hope and splurged on a well priced (by current standards, still high) Speakers Corner edition.

Regardless, I hope this reissue is good bc this album deserves the royal treatment. It’s an absolute gem.

Oooh. I’ve had this on my wantlist and eBay hunt for ages. Good find!

Seeing it on Amazon for $28 but that’s it so far

Anyone know any details on this Mingus/Atlantic box set? Just popped up on Amazon.ca as a pre-order at a pretty decent price
Amazon product ASIN B0C2W4WCD2

Looks to be an accideal. It's $199 here.

I pre-ordered it and can cancel closer to release date if it is not looking great. Rhino has done nice pressings of previous Atlantic box sets so fingers crossed. Not too familiar with this period of Mingus but it gives me a chance to stream some of it before release date.

Accideal indeed!

Was listed at $127.13 when @jamieanderson1968 posted, now listed at $296.44! 🤯

Just got a delivery estimate update email, so it looks promising that they'll follow through...

Back