Jazz

I’ve got an original Time for Tyner, I’ll have a listen to it tomorrow and let you know what I think of the sound.
Listening to Coltrane’s Sound immediately following it, I wonder if it is the recording. The Tyner TP kind of sounds like it was recorded from a room away.

Also… the new amp is giving a much wider stage on the good records.

Dunno that I've seen this mentioned yet:

An odd choice (and even more odd that they redid the cover art).
I tried to PIF a clean copy of OG' 1975 Milestone pressing of Trident not too long ago and didn't even get a nibble. I couldn't get into the harpsichord.
There are only three harpschord spots, and those are intros before the piano comes roaring in. Mood setting, it is called Trident and the celesta/harpsichord gives an atmosphere before the thunder starts.

An odd choice (and even more odd that they redid the cover art).

There are only three harpschord spots, and those are intros before the piano comes roaring in. Mood setting, it is called Trident and the celesta/harpsichord gives an atmosphere before the thunder starts.
Honestly, not a bad way to look at it. Just sounded dated to me.

I used to think that until I got an external DAC I really like. Now I stream quite a bit
I think it is partly Apple Music and partly my setup on the computer. Streaming my own files via Roon or PlexAmp to the Bluesound Node sound great. On my computer I use a Helm Dac (usb-c plugin) with headphones and Apple Music often sounds disappointing.

I think it is partly Apple Music and partly my setup on the computer. Streaming my own files via Roon or PlexAmp to the Bluesound Node sound great. On my computer I use a Helm Dac (usb-c plugin) with headphones and Apple Music often sounds disappointing.
Ah I haven’t used Apple Music lossless. Doesn’t it only work on specific devices? I remember it being really restrictive

Ah I haven’t used Apple Music lossless. Doesn’t it only work on specific devices? I remember it being really restrictive
I think you are thinking of Spatial Audio/Dolby Atmos. Everything on Apple Music streams in lossless, some in hi-res and some has be remastered for Spatial Audio. For Spatial you need AirPod pro headphones or Dolby Atmos speakers.

I think you are thinking of Spatial Audio/Dolby Atmos. Everything on Apple Music streams in lossless, some in hi-res and some has be remastered for Spatial Audio. For Spatial you need AirPod pro headphones or Dolby Atmos speakers.
I was mixing it up with listening to high res lossless with headphones or streaming it through other devices. Seems like so many steps or things needed to just make it work easily. It’s why I’ve never really used it. I just use Roon on my computer now for streaming. Only use apple music in the car

Back