Jazz

Anyone here have Coltrane's Sound 2010 Grundman cut, or the 2015 ORG 45RPM 2LP version? I am interested in the new Rhino KPG reissue but I hate how they changed the label design. Silly, I know. Might be better to ask this after some folks actually get their hands on a copy of the KPG, but what are the thoughts about existing reissues?

Coltrane_Sound_ProductShot.png
I just picked up the ORG pressing from Plaidroom last week. Pressed at Pallas, BG in the run outs. Sounds incredible. Tip on gatefold jacket. I think it was worth the $47.

Anyone here have Coltrane's Sound 2010 Grundman cut, or the 2015 ORG 45RPM 2LP version? I am interested in the new Rhino KPG reissue but I hate how they changed the label design. Silly, I know. Might be better to ask this after some folks actually get their hands on a copy of the KPG, but what are the thoughts about existing reissues?

Coltrane_Sound_ProductShot.png
all this tracks...state of the state right now in high-end reissues....EXCEPT those wonky labels...do it right and replicate the Atlantic label.....why oh why Rhino....

For the fervent collector of our IARC catalog... a big beautiful bundle containing all six albums to-be-announced across Summer of 2023. Save money on shipping (they all come at once, as opposed to six individual shipments) plus an additional 10% on the retail value of the albums (which are five single LPs, one double LP) as an extra *thank you* for your faith in our output.

This is an experiment aimed for those of you who've been asking about some sort of subscription offering for ease of ordering and savings on shipments. We're open to all feedback on how to improve this offering – if we're on the right track we'll keep this type of stuff going for future release seasons!

Available for CD, LP and colored LP.

Last edited:
Oooooohhhhh......

KAMASI WASHINGTON AND THE SUN-RA ARKESTRA at the museum of art... SIGN ME FUCKING UP!

Sun Ra is playing LA twice this summer. A two night stand at the Zebulon and opening for Shabaka/Floating points. Both places are expensive. I may end up at the Hollywood bowl for that Shabaka/Floating Points/Sun Ra show even though I hate the venue.

I would go to a shitty venue (begrudgingly) for this line-up in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately the sound sucks in affordable seats, people have a tendency to get really drunk (I’ve seen multiple people get kicked out), and the good sounding seats are really expensive. I’ll probably still go.

Last edited:
I mean tickets to the show above are $55, its not a super large venue, mostly lawn seats, its a great venue. It's in the middle of a sculpture garden on the grounds of the Museum. Seats about 3100 people. Really isn't a bad seat in the house. I try to sit to the left of the stage as often as possible.

Multiple options for a 150-page Miles Davis graphic novel.

Back