Jazz

Just arrived to me after I waited way too long to pick up the Jazz Dispensary AAA (KG/QRP) reissue of Joe Henderson w Alice Coltrane “The Elements,” so I had to splurge to get a sealed copy. I did well by Discogs current standards, but certainly paid a chunk more than the original price.

Regardless, I’m very glad I pulled the trigger. The sound is velvet smooth with a silent noise floor, and it’s is one where — for me — the benefit of vinyl is quite noticeable, especially on track 3 (Water), which has been a little grating to me on streams (the only way I’ve listened to it), but is gorgeous and lush on this vinyl.

This record smokes, with a great mix of spiritual, freer meditative, groove, spacey electronic-effect sax, and even some funk. Very strong recommendation. Flood Magazine has a good writeup about it, and Pitchfork loved it. This music is certainly not for everyone, and Scott Yanow/Allmusic doesn’t love it, and that’s fine, but his review is annoyingly lazy.
1643414287177.jpeg

Yep that’s a beauty, congrats
Just arrived to me after I waited way too long to pick up the Jazz Dispensary AAA (KG/QRP) reissue of Joe Henderson w Alice Coltrane “The Elements,” so I had to splurge to get a sealed copy. I did well by Discogs current standards, but certainly paid a chunk more than the original price.

Regardless, I’m very glad I pulled the trigger. The sound is velvet smooth with a silent noise floor, and it’s is one where — for me — the benefit of vinyl is quite noticeable, especially on track 3 (Water), which has been a little grating to me on streams (the only way I’ve listened to it), but is gorgeous and lush on this vinyl.

This record smokes, with a great mix of spiritual, freer meditative, groove, spacey electronic-effect sax, and even some funk. Very strong recommendation. Flood Magazine has a good writeup about it, and Pitchfork loved it. This music is certainly not for everyone, and Scott Yanow/Allmusic doesn’t love it, and that’s fine, but his review is annoyingly lazy.
View attachment 126680

View attachment 126680
I love this pressing, I'm going to have to play it tomorrow now. I bought it in 2019 for £20 after @Mr Moore (I think?) mentioned it as being a particularly good release. I didn't realise how much it had jumped up until you shared the link.

I love this pressing, I'm going to have to play it tomorrow now. I bought it in 2019 for £20 after @Mr Moore (I think?) mentioned it as being a particularly good release. I didn't realise how much it had jumped up until you shared the link.
I lucked out and picked this up new for $25 a couple of months ago at a local shop. It was all the more satisfying because this shop jacks up prices on everything they perceive as having value, including higher-than-retail pricing on new stuff. Somehow they missed this one, which does sound great.

Same, I got it around 2019 as well for a normal price.
I lucked out and picked this up new for $25 a couple of months ago at a local shop.
I bought it in 2019 for £20 after Mr Moore (I think?) mentioned it as being a particularly good release. I didn't realise how much it had jumped up until you shared the link.
Sorry. Did I say I paid more than retail?? That was a mistake. I found it at Goodwill marked down from $1.00 to $0.50. Still sealed! Total miracle. :ROFLMAO:

I lucked out and picked this up new for $25 a couple of months ago at a local shop. It was all the more satisfying because this shop jacks up prices on everything they perceive as having value, including higher-than-retail pricing on new stuff. Somehow they missed this one, which does sound great.
I found a very clean OG of this one at Half Priced Books in Dallas right before the pandemic. It was marked $7.99 and had a 25% off coupon. It’s why I often try to look at every single album at record stores if I have the time. My wife constantly makes fun of me for it

Yeah, it's a belter. The whole album is good, Earth is one of my favourite tracks ever.

Back