Jazz

I did like that one. I’m just kind of over them, ya know? There are so many at this point.
Quality over Quantity IMHO. I'm lucky to have a very good Evan's collection of his stuff on Riverside, Verve, and Fantasy. I would suggest cherry picking the classic stuff rather than some of these mediocre new releases even if it's on digital.

View attachment 127491

Two more Evans titles coming for April RSD

I did like that one. I’m just kind of over them, ya know? There are so many at this point.
I was going to say the same thing as @Colonel4Bin.

They really do love Evans, don't they? I've found that there's a real, endless market for his albums though and there seems to be no limit to what people pay. Similar to Chet Baker IMO.

Im less bothered than a lot of people when the audio quality isn't pristine, I view these historic releases as amateur recordings anyway, but have to say that when the price doesn't reflect the quality it's irksome. Cant fault the packages themselves though, the booklets are always great too.

Will I get these? Probably. Very much depends on the price. The Resonance releases arent the cheapest by a long shot.

Had a Coltrane Coltrane Jazz *EDIT ORG* ($50) staring at me at my local yesterday. I have the Rhino version which I thought was pretty good, but should I.... ?

Last edited:
Had a Coltrane Coltrane Jazz One Step ($50) staring at me at my local yesterday. I have the Rhino version which I though was pretty good, but should I.... ?
there isn't a one step of coltrane jazz...so not sure which pressing you're talking about! i have the ORG if that's what you're referring to? Mine is a 45 and it sounds great but I think the 33 rhino would be fine in most cases...

Yes, that was it! Org
I ninja edited my other comment before you saw it I think...I have the ORG. It's nice. It's AAA but a 2x45 RPM. I'd imagine that you'd be fine with the rhino and wouldn't need to upgrade. I think both were cut by Bernie. I'd use the money to buy an album I didn't have personally instead of upgrading the Rhino.

I ninja edited my other comment before you saw it I think...I have the ORG. It's nice. It's AAA but a 2x45 RPM. I'd imagine that you'd be fine with the rhino and wouldn't need to upgrade. I think both were cut by Bernie. I'd use the money to buy an album I didn't have personally instead of upgrading the Rhino.
well, I ended up with both of these yesterday instead, so maybe I made the wise decision ? (for once ☺️20220203_194042.jpg

True, they were a bit ratty sounding, but one usually expects this with these found tape type recordings, even if remastered. I did like the Behind the Dikes release.
Speaking of found tapes, does anyone have any comments on The Lost Recordings label? I’m sure their quality is good on the backend, but I listened to the online samples of Art Blakey, and it doesn’t sound so great to me. The Sarah Vaughn samples sounded much better, though.

Speaking of found tapes, does anyone have any comments on The Lost Recordings label? I’m sure their quality is good on the backend, but I listened to the online samples of Art Blakey, and it doesn’t sound so great to me. The Sarah Vaughn samples sounded much better, though.
They are cheaper from AS ($60 a piece) than from the LR site. I don't believe they are AAA but some (not all) are cut by KG and pressed at QRP. I have heard that overall they sound very good. I've been hemming and hawing over the Sarah Vaughan/Ella Fitzgerald/Blossom Dearie releases but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Back