Jazz

Glad you liked it. Vinyl sounds lovely and the limited edition is a nice shade of transparent red. Did you managed to get the black one or red? What I didn't like was that it came on a black sleeve with just a sticker on the sleeve, its a thick sleeve but I wanted also a cover lol. Minor grips. pressing is nice!

Haven't got it yet, still showing as a preorder for me. I have the red - glad to know it sounds good! Found that sleeve a bit weird as well!

Not sure how I feel about this, but apparently Leaf Records discovered four "warehouse finds" copies of The Comet is Coming's Death to the Planet. They have put all four copies up for sale on Discogs for $50.62 US. (Way too much for a four-song EP, if you ask me. And wasn't it like $20 on Bandcamp earlier?!)

There are three copies left if anyone wants to buy me an early birthday present! 🎁

Not sure how I feel about this, but apparently Leaf Records discovered four "warehouse finds" copies of The Comet is Coming's Death to the Planet. They have put all four copies up for sale on Discogs for $50.62 US. (Way too much for a four-song EP, if you ask me. And wasn't it like $20 on Bandcamp earlier?!)

There are three copies left if anyone wants to buy me an early birthday present! 🎁
They did the same months back with other The Comet Is Coming records and I wrote them several times friendly emails (Discogs and directly) hoping to get at least one copy at a "fair" price - especially since they priced it way above average - but well, not even a single answer. Luckily I ended up with a cheaper Mint copy from another friendly seller.

They did the same months back with other The Comet Is Coming records and I wrote them several times friendly emails (Discogs and directly) hoping to get at least one copy at a "fair" price - especially since they priced it way above average - but well, not even a single answer. Luckily I ended up with a cheaper Mint copy from another friendly seller.
I think the label selling above the highest ever price on Discogs sucks big time. I can understand maybe the feeling if something is going for mega bucks and not wanting to let flippers make an easy profit but this smacks of pure opportunism.

Did you get the hyper drive version of Channel The Spirits? I was haggling for so long with a discogs seller who had it for 45 pounds and then eventually someone snapped it up (maybe it was you :) )

Did you get the hyper drive version of Channel The Spirits? I was haggling for so long with a discogs seller who had it for 45 pounds and then eventually someone snapped it up (maybe it was you :) )
Nope, it wasn't me. I got my hyperdrive from eil.com thank to lovely @Mr Moore at the end of last year. :)
But I paid around 40 pounds as well.

Nope, it wasn't me. I got my hyperdrive from eil.com thank to lovely @Mr Moore at the end of last year. :)
But I paid around 40 pounds as well.

Annoying thing is I got the guy down to 40, and he changed the price on discogs, just that someone beat me to the punch as he did it while I was asleep.

Moral of the story is - never sleep.

Annoying thing is I got the guy down to 40, and he changed the price on discogs, just that someone beat me to the punch as he did it while I was asleep.

Moral of the story is - never sleep.
Or just don't let him change the price but change the listing to accept offers. ;)
I've tried never sleep for a while and it really hit me bad with health issues...
Moral of the story is - up to you.

That blue/white splatter is an outrageous price. Like it’s a great album, but it’s readily available in other pressings. Do the guys listing copies at £200 really expect a sale when the average is £70 (already too high imo).

That blue/white splatter is an outrageous price. Like it’s a great album, but it’s readily available in other pressings. Do the guys listing copies at £200 really expect a sale when the average is £70 (already too high imo).

Those other guys raised their prices after the new album dropped... the average was also a lot lower. I bought the black version now finally with the 5 pound amazon voucher but I'm not going to lie, I would really like to have the hyper drive version.

I also had emailed Leaf but they said the chances they do a colour re-press in any colour is unlikely. Might have to do with The Comet is Coming moving to the major label maybe.

Those other guys raised their prices after the new album dropped... the average was also a lot lower. I bought the black version now finally with the 5 pound amazon voucher but I'm not going to lie, I would really like to have the hyper drive version.

I also had emailed Leaf but they said the chances they do a colour re-press in any colour is unlikely. Might have to do with The Comet is Coming moving to the major label maybe.

I strongly recommend Colleen's The Golden Morning Breaks, released in 2005 and reissued in 2017. I used to follow them very closely but lost a bit of faith in them. The way they try to sell the last CiC copies is another exemple of why I don't follow them anymore.

I think the label selling above the highest ever price on Discogs sucks big time. I can understand maybe the feeling if something is going for mega bucks and not wanting to let flippers make an easy profit but this smacks of pure opportunism.

I don't know, I get this. I bet it's really frustrating sometimes for these labels seeing the records they sell at $20 a pop or whatever suddenly go for 50-100+ or whatever. If I were them, I'd totally hold like 10 back and sell those for a little extra profit on the back end or something. I'd rather see the label get that flipping cash than an actual flipper.

Well at least you got an answer.
I’ve been mailing them several times over months...
So that’s an improvement. ;)

I don't know, I get this. I bet it's really frustrating sometimes for these labels seeing the records they sell at $20 a pop or whatever suddenly go for 50-100+ or whatever. If I were them, I'd totally hold like 10 back and sell those for a little extra profit on the back end or something. I'd rather see the label get that flipping cash than an actual flipper.
Like I say, I get it too if there's flippers. But they're selling something at 33% over the max price on Discogs. I don't think that's so cool.

Like I say, I get it too if there's flippers. But they're selling something at 33% over the max price on Discogs. I don't think that's so cool.
If I see a record I own selling for crazy money (and its not one that I listen to a lot) I will list it at the max discogs price then every other day reduce it until it sells or hits a point where I would rather keep it. Sometimes it works out really well and sells for an unexpected amount, other times theres no interest and I assume the discogs figures are inflated somehow (perhaps a signed copy was sold for a crazy amount which affected the figures ect).

They should have put them up on eBay and donated the proceeds to charity

If I see a record I own selling for crazy money (and its not one that I listen to a lot) I will list it at the max discogs price then every other day reduce it until it sells or hits a point where I would rather keep it. Sometimes it works out really well and sells for an unexpected amount, other times theres no interest and I assume the discogs figures are inflated somehow (perhaps a signed copy was sold for a crazy amount which affected the figures ect).
Discogs is the best way to inflate a product price.
They should have put them up on eBay and donated the proceeds to charity
Exactly this.

I wish that some of the records on my wishlist that come up day after day changed in price by 1c or something followed you.

Back