Jazz

I bought a couple of Horace Tapscott reissues on eBay a couple of days ago and paid £9 postage for the 2 records (I got a relatively ok deal on the 2 and factored shopping into how much I was willing to pay). Just been given the shipping info and its estimated to arrive between 24-25th July.....thats 6 weeks from now! So infuriating especially considering the seller is in Cambridgeshire and im in London (practically next to each other). Feel like the seller took the shipping money and actually paid for the cheapest possible option.

Ill considered are on the Emma Warren show forma chat and stuff - WorldwideFM- right now. https://worldwidefm.net/
Just listening now and they played a tasty tune called 'under the night sky', a song from an upcoming Wildflower album!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this @surrealmadrid75 its fantastic. Also, the book Emma Warren is talking about is her book called Make Some Space: Tuning Into Total Refreshment Centre and its fantastic. Totally worth picking up if you want a breif history on the London music scene.

Just listening now and they played a tasty tune called 'under the night sky', a song from an upcoming Wildflower album!!!

Thanks for letting us know about this @surrealmadrid75 its fantastic. Also, the book Emma Warren is talking about is her book called Make Some Space: Tuning Into Total Refreshment Centre and its fantastic. Totally worth picking up if you want a breif history on the London music scene.
The whole show’s been great - I’m a teacher and luckily I’m on planning morning so could have a sneaky listen! That book is really good

Nice, is this your first time in Japan ?? I've not made it up to Hokkaido yet , the country side is supposed to beautiful but been a few times in Osaka and surrounds as my wife is Japanese , so there is that, You'll have a great time, it's such a unique country . October should be good weather too, Hopefully !! I'm going over mid September for a month this year for my Mother In Law's 60TH and my wife's sister has a baby due in a few weeks as well .
Yeah it’ll be mine and my wife’s first time so it’s going to be awesome! And yeah fall looks great there. Hopefully the trees will be colorful around that time.

That Seed Ensemble video of Driftglass on YouTube is fantastic. I would love a great pressing of that performance. Or the album. Maybe I should spring for the Cd?!
I just searched the video, so glad you mentioned it! Going to watch it later on. I was actually at this gig with my girlfriend, you can see us standing at the front (if you know who to look for 😂). Cheers again for this!

Im supposed to be attending a Soul & Jazz festival on Sunday here in London. I've been looking forward to it for months, so of course it has to rain heavily a couple days before in typical English form :cautious:

The line up is fantastic and theres even a record fair on site. I bought super early bird tickets when it was first announced (£20 a ticket) and ended up winning a competition to get upgraded to VIP (although im not entirely sure what that gets me). I went past Herne Hill on the train into work this morning and saw them setting it up, I was expecting a small stage but they were putting up there huge tents and stages so it looks to be a lot bigger than I anticipated. Heres the line-up:

View attachment 5159
That looks fantastic. Enjoy the day

You probably saw me.
I was front row.
In that first picture I was right next, or behind, that guy on the far left with his girl.
Sweaty dude, long hair, Ween hat.

Anywho, absolutely amazing.
I’ve got a few videos on my phone although I don’t think you can really see anyone.
“Blood Of the Past,” “Unity,” “Start Running” for sure I think I have one more.
Let me sleep then I’ll try to get some up.

Was really impressed by the drummer and keyboardist, who’s name’s I embarrassingly don’t know even though he introduced them twice, who both got a little time to shine.
More than they do on the albums.
I mean, shit, we got a 5-6 minute drum solo. 👌

I noticed near the beginning of the show Shabaka talking off his shoes, and then shortly after taking off his socks.
I see Ween do that too.
Must be something with the vibrations.
Anyone know?

But they are great live,
songs translated well,
some even better imo, from the albums. Transitions were incredible and well done, I think there were only two compete stops...?

Also, Shabaka’s smile is so pure.
He looks so happy.
Go see them.

Last edited:
I know the Marsalises are not everyone’s favorite around here for various reasons (mostly because they have the ability to say some dumb shirt sometimes) but it’s cool to hear Wynton go full Gershwin here:

Back