Jazz

damn. you must have missed it. acoustic sounds is restocking some older APs and the newer reissues (as well as Sam Records and some other releases) on their discogs. Most are the lowest available price and even below original list price in some cases. it will eventually be back in stock on their site since it's not out of print.

didn't realize you don't have paypal
can you post a link to their general sales page on discogs?

EDIT: Found it (I think): Buy Vinyl Records and CDs from AcousticSoundsInc at Discogs Marketplace

Last edited:
can you post a link to their general sale page on discogs?

EDIT: Found it (I think): Buy Vinyl Records and CDs from AcousticSoundsInc at Discogs Marketplace
It’s just the AS discogs shop. Prices are all over the place but they have posted some very nice stuff at good deals. Long OOP jazz AP titles, one steps for $100-$115, box sets, etc. some are VG+ with hairlines, or a slight dent or seam split in the package but I got one or two things from them and they were conservatively graded.

no international sales sadly.

Anyone on this thread live near Hendersonville, TN? Even if not, I thought the folks on this thread might enjoy seeing this estate sale of a jazz trombonist. So many LPs, 45s and CDs, among other jazz-related items.

All I would really have to do is drive north through MS....

My Ill Considered 10 box arrived today and it is a stunner!

So much work has gone into this without a doubt. Embossed card box. 12 pieces of one of a kind original artwork (hand-numbered to indicate where in the video series they are). EP in a black printed inner. Additional stickers and postcards designed by Vincent De Boer. The box and artwork are wrapped in a card belt, numbered and with info.

Absolutely stunning collection and it's clear that the 1.5 years of preperation and 9 months of hand-drawing paid off in a big way. Just going to clean the record and give it a spin now. Ill Considered were shown the video for the first time and improvised a piece on the spot. They then re-watched a few times and provided different takes, 2 of which are included here.

IMG_9527.JPG

Another weird one for this thread: Real or fake? This same Indiana goodwill has several other "signed" jazz records. Maybe someone on this thread is an autograph collector/authenticator?

There are a few other titles too

And as an side, I only recently discovered these online Goodwill auctions, but have concluded they are a downer for two reasons: (1) the thrill of crate-digging at a Goodwill may be disappearing in favor of these online auctions; and (2) the prices LPs sell for are ridiculously high, sometimes 2x price of discogs plus very little detail about he condition. Strange.

Might be of interest to one of you!

Haven't seen this one before. Only current copy on discogs.
Looks like its from the Coltrane - Heavyweight Champion: The Atlantic Years box set. I saw a copy of the box set at a carboot sale a few years back and the seller wanted £90. I could probably haggle him down quite a bit but I stupidly thought it was too much anyway. Goes for around £180 now.

Looks like its from the Coltrane - Heavyweight Champion: The Atlantic Years box set. I saw a copy of the box set at a carboot sale a few years back and the seller wanted £90. I could probably haggle him down quite a bit but I stupidly thought it was too much anyway. Goes for around £180 now.
Acoustic Sounds was selling that box set too recently on their discogs. But I think it was pricey (maybe its still on there).

Acoustic Sounds was selling that box set too recently on their discogs. But I think it was pricey (maybe its still on there).
The Atlantic Years In Mono is a good alternative with really fantastic pressings but isn't a 'complete' set.

It doesn't include Coltrane Jazz or Coltrane's Sound (I think the tapes were destroyed by this point?). They also swap out the full My Favorite Things for a 7" with parts 1 & 2. But it does include the The Coltrane Legacy which is nice.

Back