Jazz

They really do! The Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet releases tend to be sought after, I guess their recordings for the Columbia Lansdowne Series shot them to the big time.

I just had a look and there are only 9 copies left. I knew it would go fast but I didnt expect it to go this fast!
it sounds fantastic -- but at $20 shipping per record on bandcamp, that's tough. Does anyone know if going directly with them lowers the shipping (buying multiple records, they could ship them at their convenience....)

They really do! The Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet releases tend to be sought after, I guess their recordings for the Columbia Lansdowne Series shot them to the big time.

I just had a look and there are only 9 copies left. I knew it would go fast but I didnt expect it to go this fast!

Edit: I made the same blunder as @Andy and read the number available for the book.

Edit: I made the same blunder as @Andy and read the number available for the book.

Ahahah! Same!

This took me to ESP's site, and they have some remarkable recordings if you want to go down the early/free jazz rabbit hole
Edit: Also a storefront with MediaMail (to Boston) for $2.80! (list on the LP, $24.95) -- the second link is 17 albums for $260

that 17 disk situation is tempting.

Looks like the Sam Records Sacha Distel might be getting a repress?

And Ron Jefferson should be back in stock around that date as well it seems!

Looks like the Sam Records Sacha Distel might be getting a repress?

And Ron Jefferson should be back in stock around that date as well it seems!
Oh wow, has Sam Records reissued other releases in the past?

Just got a big box of tone poets and verve acoustic sounds series. Spinning Sarah Vaughan first and it’s an amazing sounding record. Probably the best version there is. Nina Simone ones are next.
Your copy of SV have any significant inner groove distortion?

I’m really enjoying the Barney Wilen RSD release wit Tete Montoliu, Barney and Tete. Great music and stellar recording/pressing (Elemental Music). I imagine it’s readily available—highly recommended.
View attachment 83538
I will second this. I picked this up from Jazz Messengers online and was really impressed by it. Great pressing and great live session!

Does anyone here have a record from the Venus label? Japanese label. I think they are very high quality but I’ve never bought a record on that label.
Beware. Venus are the most brickwalled masters in jazz. Even the vinyl, taken from already highly compressed digital masters, are pretty highly compressed. The pressings themselves are superb.
The music is generally pretty conservative, formulaic fare. They pay the musicians well for the session but insist on mostly standard fare played straight.

Back