Jazz

Thanks for this. I see a few different versions w altered track lists. Any of that matter in regards to the integrity of the show? Thanks in advance!
I haven't heard the album with the later tracklist (think its a late 90's reissue). The original tracklist was:

1. "Old Devil Moon"
2. "Softly, as in a Morning Sunrise"
3. "Striver's Row"

1. "Sonnymoon for Two"
2. "A Night in Tunisia"
3. "I Can't Get Started"

Just got the AP version of Oscar Peterson Trio’s We Get Requests... wow it’s awesome! Highly recommended.

That one and the ORG of Coltrane's Sound are at the tops of my wishlist right now. Hoping they don't sell out before I get a chance to grab them. Just spent too much at the Acoustic Sounds black friday sale though so I'm wanting to wait at least a month before i spend on expensive vinyl again.

Longshot buy anyone happen to know if Nubya Garcia - Source is still available on any sites?

Longshot buy anyone happen to know if Nubya Garcia - Source is still available on any sites?
Looks like it's available here: Nubya Garcia-Source-Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

EDIT: Nope. It's not until you put it in the cart that it shows as backordered. Sorry

EDIT 2: You can find some places in London that seem to have it in stock if you're willing to pay approx. $20 for shipping.

Last edited:
Looks like it's available here: Nubya Garcia-Source-Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

EDIT: Nope. It's not until you put it in the cart that it shows as backordered. Sorry

EDIT 2: You can find some places in London that seem to have it in stock if you're willing to pay approx. $20 for shipping.
SIGNED or Unsigned Source White Vinyl Gatefold 2xLP

If you're okay with buying from the UK there's still some white vinyl ones available on her official website.

This is great, thanks both of you for the help! Hopefully I can get one of those white ones on her site, I had checked a couple weeks ago and didn't see any available.

Edit: whew $61 shipped to US. Worth it though.

Last edited:
Saxophone Colossus (my favorite) and Tenor Madness are two OJCs that use the old DCC plates which are all analog cut by Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray and they sound amazing. Can be had for around $20 on amazon. The Bridge is an incredible album, but hard to find a great pressing for reasonable cost these days.

The moment we’ve been waiting for:

Muriel Grossmann - Quiet Earth

I ordered before properly reading the message she sent through Bandcamp. Looks like there will be a cheaper option (postage presumably) through RRGEMS with the option to have it signed. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my bandcamp order if possible and wait for that one.

How do you guys sort your jazz records? Alphabetically and/or chronologically? By label? By country? By "category"? By sub-genre? By instrument? I can't find the perfect way to sort my collection but I am more and more inclined in sorting by leader main instrument.

- Alphabetically and then chronologically is the easiest way but not the best when I am in a certain mood and want to hear something to match with my mood.
- By label is nice because it looks beautiful on the shelves due to the spines looks similar (ex: all Blue Note records together) but it splits a lot of musicians discographies.
- By country is cool too, even more since my collection is mostly made of American, Japanese and British records. But what to do with the few Belgian, French or Portuguese records I have? They deserve more than a ROW section.
- By "category" could work but I am afraid I would get lost easily. I could have a "monsters of jazz" section with all BN, Verve, etc... classics, a "j-jazz" section, a "uk jazz", etc... Where to stop?
By sub-genre? There are so many and there will be records that could fit two or more sub-genre and I would spend nights and nights thinking about it, trying to find a solution.
- Finally by instrument and it's the sorting I prefer. First, I can't (and don't want to) remember of any jazz musician who was/is a monster in more than one instrument (if you do, please don't tell). Second, you can mix all countries, labels, categories, sub-genres, etc... You can sub-sort in the way you want even though the coolest, IMO, is chronologically. Imagine your Saxophone section with Charlie Parker, Coleman Hawkins, John Coltrane Sonny Rollins, Ornette Coleman, Joe Henderson, Stan Getz, Wayne Shorter, Muriel Grossmann and Nubya Garcia (among many others).

Back