Jazz

That was actually the mockup sleeve. Here's the finished article. Keep an eye on Bandcamp tomorrow.
Blurb is as follows:

COMING SOON
Group Sounds Four & Five: Black & White Raga
(JIB-14-M-LP vinyl & download).

Two sessions previously assumed either lost or unrecorded, by Henry Lowther’s and Lyn Dobson’s mid-sixties groups. Considered one of the missing links in the development of British free-form jazz.

The Group Sounds Four session includes Jack Bruce, who contributes an original composition never otherwise recorded. Also features Ron Rubin, Ken McCarthy and Jon Hiseman. With comprehensive notes by Duncan Heining concerning the historical significance of these recordings.

From tapes in Jon Hiseman’s archive. Sensational audio quality.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/jazzinbritain or Jazz In Britain for updates.View attachment 73544
It's our best yet imho

That was actually the mockup sleeve. Here's the finished article. Keep an eye on Bandcamp tomorrow.
Blurb is as follows:

COMING SOON

Two sessions previously assumed either lost or unrecorded, by Henry Lowther’s and Lyn Dobson’s mid-sixties groups. Considered one of the missing links in the development of British free-form jazz.

The Group Sounds Four session includes Jack Bruce, who contributes an original composition never otherwise recorded. Also features Ron Rubin, Ken McCarthy and Jon Hiseman. With comprehensive notes by Duncan Heining concerning the historical significance of these recordings.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/jazzinbritain or Jazz In Britain for updates.View attachment 73544

It's our best yet imho
Can't wait for this, I actually came on here to post about it. You guys have been killing it lately, each time I think it cant get better another release tops it!

Can't wait for this, I actually came on here to post about it. You guys have been killing it lately, each time I think it cant get better another release tops it!
The immediate schedule as it stands at the moment is:
Group Sounds Four & Five - Black & White Raga
Rendell / Carr Quintet - Blue At The BBC
Mike Taylor Quartet - The Lost Live Tape
Neil Ardley - Kaleidoscope Of Rainbows: Live At QEH '75

The immediate schedule as it stands at the moment is:
Group Sounds Four & Five - Black & White Raga
Rendell / Carr Quintet - Blue At The BBC
Mike Taylor Quartet - The Lost Live Tape
Neil Ardley - Kaleidoscope Of Rainbows: Live At QEH '75
Wow...just wow! And are all these going to be vinyl releases? As @Skalap says, we will be full in for these!

January 2021. Off to the pressing plant tomorrow.

Thank you for the info!

Wow...just wow! And are all these going to be vinyl releases? As @Skalap says, we will be full in for these!

Definitely! If the music and the release are at the same quality level as the records I already have, I know I won't be disappointed.

Into The Archives should finally be shipping next week.

Already? My Bandcamp confirmation says it was only being shipped in early December. Good news!

Thank you for the info!

Definitely! If the music and the release are at the same quality level as the records I already have, I know I won't be disappointed.

Already? My Bandcamp confirmation says it was only being shipped in early December. Good news!
We had the test pressings about three weeks ago so hopefully, yes.

Blurb is as follows:

COMING SOON

I'm sure I'm jumping ahead of the email here, but its currently live now @Skalap - Black & White Raga, by Group Sounds Four & Five

@britprogjazz I will say it again, this looks to be a fantastic release. I have been on a British jazz binge lately but one area I haven't yet delved into is free jazz, so im sure this will scratch that itch! Cheers

Last edited:
Lunch time band camp rabbit hole.

Order the Black & White Raga. Bandcamp recommends, Joy Unlimited by Harry Beckett. That sounds good, there are only 7 left, I'll get one of those. Oh, might as well add a copy of, As We Stand by Tori Handsley to save on shipping.

back on to zoom :(

Back