Jazz

Finally was able to get a decently priced copy of an album I have been looking for for ages. Joe Pass' Guitar Interludes. Have never seen this one out in the wild before. It was a late night discogs offer. Was selling for $34 (an already good deal) and managed to get it for $24. Took a bit of a gamble as it said it was only a VG condition on the sleeve and the record but it plays much better than that.

IMG_1091.JPG

Just a PSA on something which I think a few of you will find interesting. The jazz bassist Peter Ind has started his "internet exploration" by forming his own youtube channel, instagram, and facebook account. Peter began following my account a few days ago and I realised its the same Peter that has appeared on Jutta Hipp - At The Hickory House, Lee Koniz - Koniz, Buddy Rich - In Miami, as well as releasing some killer albums as lead. At 91 years old he is still active and played a celebratory concert in London just last year. Heres his introduction video on youtube, well worth following as he seems to be filling it with great content, earlier today I watched a fantastic 1.5 hour documentary on his move to New York.

Everybody get excited:

Kamaal Williams - Wu Hen

Shared (not so) exclusive available grey copies to pre-order here:
Rough Trade exclusive tape (1000 copies)
UK
US

Bleep exclusive print (400 copies)

Last edited:
Everybody get excited:

Kamaal Williams - Wu Hen

Shared (not so) exclusive available to pre-order here:

@Jonathan Y Mach-Hommy is on this one... ;)

Last edited:
Everybody get excited:

Kamaal Williams - Wu Hen

Shared (not so) exclusive available grey copies to pre-order here:
Rough Trade exclusive tape (1000 copies)

Bleep exclusive print (400 copies)

Why are there so many silver variants? Bleep says silver is limited to 400, RT has silver limited to 1,000 with a tape but then also silver limited to 200 (which appears to be the same as the Bleep exclusive and is shared with them).

here’s a US RT link too;

Why are there so many silver variants? Bleep says silver is limited to 400, RT has silver limited to 1,000 with a tape but then also silver limited to 200 (which appears to be the same as the Bleep exclusive and is shared with them).

here’s a US RT link too;
Silver is limited to 2000 copies worldwide.
Bleep has an exclusive print (limited to 400).
Rough Trade an exclusive cassette (limited to 1000).

Silver is limited to 2000 copies worldwide.
Bleep has an exclusive print (limited to 400).
Rough Trade an exclusive cassette (limited to 1000).
Thanks for clarifying! Wonder if VMP or other variants will come along, if not I might grab the red one. I don’t have a cassette player to even listen to the RT one haha

For those (like me) who didn't have a copy yet, now's your chance:
Chip Wickham - Shamal Wind (Limted Deluxe Repress)

Pro tip: Combine with his new record. ;)
Forgot about this album! Is the only difference for deluxe that it’s numbered and has OBI? The vinyl is still available on his bandcamp for way cheaper.

Forgot about this album! Is the only difference for deluxe that it’s numbered and has OBI? The vinyl is still available on his bandcamp for way cheaper.

I have the regular one..sounds awesome. A real sleeper album that went unnoticed by many so I'm very thankful @Mr Moore told us about it and I think i got it for 8€ on an Amazon.fr sale

I have the regular one..sounds awesome. A real sleeper album that went unnoticed by many so I'm very thankful @Mr Moore told us about it and I think i got it for 8€ on an Amazon.fr sale
I randomly heard it in a coffee shop in Philly a year or two ago. I wanted to buy it on vinyl and just totally forgot. Have a Juno credit so just picked up this and his new album. The deluxe from SOTU would have cost an arm and a leg to ship here sadly.

The new one is wonderful too. Feels light on the jazz to me and a little more like an Ibiza/Cafe Del Mar super chill out record. Not a diss at all, I love that stuff. Very harpy and dreamy.

The new one is wonderful too. Feels light on the jazz to me and a little more like an Ibiza/Cafe Del Mar super chill out record. Not a diss at all, I love that stuff. Very harpy and dreamy.
@Mr Moore aporoved!
giphy.gif

Seconded, really enjoyed this, although I am a sucker for any kind of jazz with that spiritual vibe of sweeping chimes and harp scales.

Back