It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

This is going to be interesting
euro-playoff-draw-with-hosts-2022-fifa-world-cup-qatar_1bch38t5cjx581seq6ob5omzk0.jpeg
Italy better get in. I can’t handle 2 consecutive WCs without the Azurri!

Italy better get in. I can’t handle 2 consecutive WCs without the Azurri!
And Portugal have to beat turkey first who were behind in their group and now won a couple of games in a row.

Alo Scotland and Wales facing off for the wc ticket could also be a big game if they both manage to win their semis

Same, although our semi final is tricky...

It is but there isn’t really a weak team in the set and it’s better than it could have been. Wales would be an interesting final too. Scotland are a better team but Bale, if he is fit and on it, is that step above anyone else on either side. Equally Austria will be no walk over for them in the semi.

It is but there isn’t really a weak team in the set and it’s better than it could have been. Wales would be an interesting final too. Scotland are a better team but Bale, if he is fit and on it, is that step above anyone else on either side. Equally Austria will be no walk over for them in the semi.
We’ve played Austria a few times recently: Wales will be fine.

Bale is my worry.

i think that this matters more than any individual award or being proclaimed to be a grumpy farmyard animal ever would.

621091D3-ABCD-43C3-B665-329E71B27610.jpeg

Snap! Why are there matches Tuesday-Thursday this week?
Beginning of the Festive Fixtures. I actually don't know if they always squoze in games like this historically outside of the Christmas/New Year time period since we're still in November. Might have been an addition in recent seasons with the increase in international breaks.

I really like how the Bundesliga will just take like 4 weeks off around Christmas and New Years. They only have 18 teams in the league so they can have that break more easily than other leagues with 20 teams.

Beginning of the Festive Fixtures. I actually don't know if they always squoze in games like this historically outside of the Christmas/New Year time period since we're still in November. Might have been an addition in recent seasons with the increase in international breaks.

I really like how the Bundesliga will just take like 4 weeks off around Christmas and New Years. They only have 18 teams in the league so they can have that break more easily than other leagues with 20 teams.

There’s always been a midweek in and around the end of November/start of December around the last fixture of the CL groups. It’s a case of 33 weekends. Add in the 2 extra festive fixtures and then you’ve 3 random mid weeks dotted in there and this has always been one of them.

I do miss the old Easter fixtures too. Used to play a game on Holy Thursday/Good Friday and then a second one on Easter Sunday/Easter Mondays. Since the shrinking of the league to 20 teams and the expansion of Europe that one ended up being sacrificed.

Back