It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Hasn’t he been assistant to Ole and José for a while? Does he just like doing that but not full manager?

He just doesn’t strike me as a manager, more a coach. Some people are just more suited to that. Maybe he does want the job, who knows but he’s never sought to leave to get a managers job or had his name pushed towards that by agents etc. Even Ole left united to be a manager pretty early on in his coaching career.

With the announcement that they’re looking for an interim manager till the summer it’s looking increasingly like they’re tapping up Poch to take the job in the summer.

The question is, who is the safe pair of hands that can get the club through to the summer? For that kind of job it really is about experience. Is Hiddink still managing?

Edit: So he’s 75 and just recovered from Covid so perhaps that’s just a bit too old 😂. But the point is it’s that type of profile I’d be looking at for an interim.
Big Sam ! 😁

The rumour mill is making it sound increasingly like PSG are open to Poch leaving now and replacing him with Zidane. It seems they have been eying Zidane as a long term appointment for a while and I’m guessing that the not inconsiderable compensation that they would from united sweetens the deal too.

Given that’d be my number 1 choice for the next manager too then the feeling has to be the sooner the better, so long as he gets some backing in January!

That said this is all the rumour mill so it could equally just be a pile of horseshit!

Last edited:
With the announcement that they’re looking for an interim manager till the summer it’s looking increasingly like they’re tapping up Poch to take the job in the summer.

The question is, who is the safe pair of hands that can get the club through to the summer? For that kind of job it really is about experience. Is Hiddink still managing?

Edit: So he’s 75 and just recovered from Covid so perhaps that’s just a bit too old 😂. But the point is it’s that type of profile I’d be looking at for an interim.
Wolfgang Wolf obviously

It’s always the little details that you don’t notice first time around with Squire’s comics. Richard Dunne with a mug on it saying “The OG” is gold!
honestly the incompetence at United is astounding. Then I saw this today too

honestly the incompetence at United is astounding. Then I saw this today too

Oh totally. Not all of them will be cleared out for the new manager, he will be expected to work with some of them, but a fair few will have to be. I can’t see Phelan staying but I’d imagine that the likes of Carrick and McKenna will be expected to form a part of the new coaching team.

Good to see some changes to the team for the Champions League tonight. Van de Beek and Sancho both in behind Ronaldo.

It’ll be interesting to see how Carrick goes for a few weeks.

Good to see some changes to the team for the Champions League tonight. Van de Beek and Sancho both in behind Ronaldo.

It’ll be interesting to see how Carrick goes for a few weeks.

Yeah I was glad to see van der Beek get an opportunity for sure. Bruno has been exceptional since he signed but he deserved dropping after Saturday. He completely lost his head in that first half when we really got battered and could well have been the worst player on the pitch. I’d like to see Lingaard get more opportunities in the next few weeks as well.

The only slight issues I’d have is that Martial should be out the door, not on the pitch, the return of McFred and that Wan Bissaka seems undroppable despite being woeful so far this season. I’d also maybe have started Bailly ahead of Lindeloff to give him some minutes ahead of Maguire’s suspension on Sunday.

Watching my first MLS game. Quite a difference in the pitch regarding playing surface. Looks like the Sounders are using astro turf which isn’t kind.
Where does the MLS rank as far as leagues go?

Also which other countries/fans have drums in the stands?

Where does the MLS rank as far as leagues go?
I don´t know exactly how their ranking goes. but they are ranking them 14th in the world between the belgish and turkish leagues

Edit : different sites rank differently, but they seem to all have mls between 10th and 15th place worldwide

Back