It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Just a quick check in. I DVR’d the season preview on Saturday along with two morning preview programs and 3 matches. Still need to finish 1.5 of the matches and right now I’m kind of leaning to claiming Leicester City. I like The Foxes name. Although I’m kind of attracted to the kits of Crystal Palace and Burnley. We shall see.
Turns out I get Peacock for free because my wife works for our local cable company 😁

Just a quick check in. I DVR’d the season preview on Saturday along with two morning preview programs and 3 matches. Still need to finish 1.5 of the matches and right now I’m kind of leaning to claiming Leicester City. I like The Foxes name. Although I’m kind of attracted to the kits of Crystal Palace and Burnley. We shall see.
Turns out I get Peacock for free because my wife works for our local cable company 😁
Not a bad choice that - big enough that they aren't going to be beaten every week, but not big enough that making the top 4/a good cup run feels exciting.

In Australian Premier League news, it's shown via a platform provided by one of the mobile phone companies here, and it's excellent. $5 a month gets you all the games either live, a full game re-run, extended highlights, or short highlights. You get a MoTD style summary of the day as well, luckily without Danny Murphy. It's by far better than what you get in the UK. Between that and the SPFL highlights on Youtube I'm all set.

Not a bad choice that - big enough that they aren't going to be beaten every week, but not big enough that making the top 4/a good cup run feels exciting.

In Australian Premier League news, it's shown via a platform provided by one of the mobile phone companies here, and it's excellent. $5 a month gets you all the games either live, a full game re-run, extended highlights, or short highlights. You get a MoTD style summary of the day as well, luckily without Danny Murphy. It's by far better than what you get in the UK. Between that and the SPFL highlights on Youtube I'm all set.

Im guessing it’ll mostly be highlights or repeats you’ll be watching out there?

When I was on holiday over there we had matches against Liverpool and Chelsea. I couldn’t miss those, particularly the Liverpool one. Getting up to watch a match at 3 or 4 am hurts!

Im guessing it’ll mostly be highlights or repeats you’ll be watching out there?

When I was on holiday over there we had matches against Liverpool and Chelsea. I couldn’t miss those, particularly the Liverpool one. Getting up to watch a match at 3 or 4 am hurts!
I can do the 12pm Saturday game, so got the Man U vs Leeds match (it was actually you on here mentioning it that made me realise I could watch it live!). I think I'll just watch the hour long summary and/or the extended highlights. That's enough for me.

Also, it's nearly 4am now for you, isn't it? Get some sleep!

I can do the 12pm Saturday game, so got the Man U vs Leeds match (it was actually you on here mentioning it that made me realise I could watch it live!). I think I'll just watch the hour long summary and/or the extended highlights. That's enough for me.

Also, it's nearly 4am now for you, isn't it? Get some sleep!

Hahaha! Yeah the insomnia struck!

I initially read that as the aussie footy cost $5 p/month but you mean getting the EPL coverage for $5 p/month? That's a good deal.

I initially read that as the aussie footy cost $5 p/month but you mean getting the EPL coverage for $5 p/month? That's a good deal.

It really is surprisingly affordable outside the U.K. and Ireland where we get smashed. I think the list here is €70 for 3 providers to get the premier league. Through a variety of negotiations and long term deals I probably pay €45 but that’s still a shocking amount of money!

It really is surprisingly affordable outside the U.K. and Ireland where we get smashed. I think the list here is €70 for 3 providers to get the premier league. Through a variety of negotiations and long term deals I probably pay €45 but that’s still a shocking amount of money!
Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad tbh. I get BT Sport in with my broadband which is probably £8-£10 and I get Sky Sports through NowTV, which I half with my Dad. Their current deal is £25 p/month for 10 months. However, they used to let 2 people stream at a time but they changed it to one and now you need to buy a "boost" pass for £5 p/month to allow up to 3 simultaneous streams from the same account. So I'm about £15 p/month for Sky Sports atm.

The pub licences for Sky Sports are insane tho. It's something like £2k p/month.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad tbh. I get BT Sport in with my broadband which is probably £8-£10 and I get Sky Sports through NowTV, which I half with my Dad. Their current deal is £25 p/month for 10 months. However, they used to let 2 people stream at a time but they changed it to one and now you need to buy a "boost" pass for £5 p/month to allow up to 3 simultaneous streams from the same account. So I'm about £15 p/month for Sky Sports atm.

The pub licences for Sky Sports are insane tho. It's something like £2k p/month.

Yeah the pub prices are huge. They know they’ve got the pub owners over a barrel and use them largely to fund how expensive their deals have gotten.

I tend to get comparatively good deals on the sports because between tv broadband phone etc I’m probably giving them about €150 a month. I do have the annual contemplation of cancelling my whole sky package, getting broadband somewhere else and just going to the pub once a week…

Back