It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

United's defense is top notch. Shaw and Maguire had Salah and Bobby bottled up all day. Liverpool getting a point seemed the optimal result given two mids playing CB. The scoring dry spell continues. Get well soon Jota.

From a Spurs fan this year that’s richer than a Christmas pudding.
I mean, that was a snooze fest up until about 70 minutes, you can’t deny that for a game that was billed as the biggest game of the season so far. Both teams didn’t want to lose.

I mean, that was a snooze fest up until about 70 minutes, you can’t deny that for a game that was billed as the biggest game of the season so far. Both teams didn’t want to lose.

Isn't that how the biggest games always end up? Both sides respected each other. It did have tension and jeapoardy and both sides did try to win it. I think what is telling afterwards is that Ole was really disappointed in how we played. You were much worse and much more defensive against the pool and bore ihno was crying at the end.

Isn't that how the biggest games always end up? Both sides respected each other. It did have tension and jeapoardy and both sides did try to win it. I think what is telling afterwards is that Ole was really disappointed in how we played. You were much worse and much more defensive against the pool and bore ihno was crying at the end.
At least that game had some goals. Not sure why you’re dragging Spurs into this, I was expecting an exciting game and it was not that. United had like 2 golden opportunities but they were good saves from Allison.

At least that game had some goals. Not sure why you’re dragging Spurs into this, I was expecting an exciting game and it was not that. United had like 2 golden opportunities but they were good saves from Allison.

Because that’s who you support so your criticism has to be analysed through that focus. I think anyone expecting an open game hasn’t really watched a lot of United v Liverpool matches, the rivalry creates an intensity and tension that is very watchable but that rarely translates into a lot of goals unless one team or the other has an off day.

I’m happy with a point but I think we could have played better. In the first half our passing was poor and after half time when we started to play we could have picked out final pass better on the break and we should have converted one of those two chances. I think we could have been marginally more open but given Liverpool’s potential potency up front going too open would have been suicidal even if you might have enjoyed watching it more.

Liverpool had a lot of the hall and will be happy with that but they never really looked dangerous despite that for me.

Well, Liverpool are done in the title race. I can't understand this scoring drought. You can't blame that on Van Dyke not being there. There's not much you can point to that they're doing well right now. We still have Champions League to look forward to but you kinda need to score to advance in that as well. Fair play to Burnley. They did what they needed to.

Well, Liverpool are done in the title race. I can't understand this scoring drought. You can't blame that on Van Dyke not being there. There's not much you can point to that they're doing well right now. We still have Champions League to look forward to but you kinda need to score to advance in that as well.
First loss at Anfield since April 2017 😱

Dodgy penalty tbh but they have not been good the past few weeks. Haven’t scored a goal at all this year.

Well, Liverpool are done in the title race. I can't understand this scoring drought. You can't blame that on Van Dyke not being there. There's not much you can point to that they're doing well right now. We still have Champions League to look forward to but you kinda need to score to advance in that as well. Fair play to Burnley. They did what they needed to.

You actually can actually. One thing I’ve noticed of late is that Liverpool aren’t as incessant, they’re not pinning teams in as much and sustaining attacks. Is that a coincidence when their two best counter-pressing midfielders are now the two centre backs?

Well isn’t this a wonderful game of football!

Gotta love the cup!

This Liverpool team looks like such a shadow of its self. I felt it was pretty comfortable in the first half despite them scoring first. Their pressing was almost lifeless and that's what Klopp prides his team's on.

Meanwhile United looking fit and sharp right up to the very end was great. Most likely won't win the cup but it's great for the confidence.

Cavani has been a brilliant signing. Love watching him play, his runs and work rate are world class.

This Liverpool team looks like such a shadow of its self. I felt it was pretty comfortable in the first half despite them scoring first. Their pressing was almost lifeless and that's what Klopp prides his team's on.

Meanwhile United looking fit and sharp right up to the very end was great. Most likely won't win the cup but it's great for the confidence.

Cavani has been a brilliant signing. Love watching him play, his runs and work rate are world class.

Honestly, delighted with the win! I love the cup, it’s very high up my list of priorities every year. Delighted to be in the 5th round and scouse-busting is always enjoyable.

Don’t agree with your analysis of the match though, I thought that the match was very even with both sides having periods on top and after their equaliser Liverpool looked the more likely to win it, it took a moment of brilliance from Fernandes to win it. Their pressing was good in the moments when they were on top but it ebbed when we were.

Also Cavani has been a brilliant signing but I though that today he was poor, none of his runs connected and his first touch and passing was all over the place. Rashford and Pogba were the stars for me. Rashford ruthlessly exploited Rhys Williams’ lack of pace and Pogba gave the complete midfield performance. Actually Luke Shaw too, he was bloody everywhere down that left flank.

Its going to be an interesting second half of the season, the fixtures really are looking like they’re about to pile up!

Don’t agree with your analysis of the match though, I thought that the match was very even with both sides having periods on top and after their equaliser Liverpool looked the more likely to win it, it took a moment of brilliance from Fernandes to win it. Their pressing was good in the moments when they were on top but it ebbed when we were.

Also Cavani has been a brilliant signing but I though that today he was poor, none of his runs connected and his first touch and passing was all over the place. Rashford and Pogba were the stars for me. Rashford ruthlessly exploited Rhys Williams’ lack of pace and Pogba gave the complete midfield performance. Actually Luke Shaw too, he was bloody everywhere down that left flank.

I was referring to the first half in particular where I thought we were much better than Liverpool. They definitely got the hairdryer from Klopp at the half as they were a different team after that. Mane also helps in that regard.

Cavani was really good off the ball I thought. He was unlucky not to score I thought. Really helps draw the space for Rashford and Greenwood to run into channels.

I was referring to the first half in particular where I thought we were much better than Liverpool. They definitely got the hairdryer from Klopp at the half as they were a different team after that. Mane also helps in that regard.

Cavani was really good off the ball I thought. He was unlucky not to score I thought. Really helps draw the space for Rashford and Greenwood to run into channels.

Later in the first half we got on top. I thought they were much better earlier on and warranted their lead. Also the hairdryer doesn’t tally because we started like a house on fire in the second half and scored after 3 minutes, they didn’t start playing until the goal and we probably the strongest side after that.

Cavani is good off the ball but his pressing probably wasn’t as intense or sharp as it was on Wednesday, which is understandable, he is in his mid 30s and it’s 2 games in 4 days. He was poor on the ball though; his touch and passing was off all day, gave the ball away a lot in my book.

I really enjoyed the game because both teams went for it at stages and played well, it was a really good spectacle.

Last edited:
I'm just glad we finally figured out how to score in 2021.
Dr. Tottenham to the rescue
how long is Kane looking out for?
José said a few weeks. I have no clue why we didn’t sub in our only out and out striker in the second half. José thought Lamela was a better option. This one is on José and our piss poor individual mistakes.

Dr. Tottenham to the rescue

José said a few weeks. I have no clue why we didn’t sub in our only out and out striker in the second half. José thought Lamela was a better option. This one is on José and our piss poor individual mistakes.

I didn’t watch the game if I’m honest, was busy this evening and funnily enough after last night was feeling a bit footy fatigued 😂

I didn’t watch the game if I’m honest, was busy this evening and funnily enough after last night was feeling a bit footy fatigued 😂
Yeah games are coming hard and fast, it’s almost too much. Also City seems to have got the league in the bag so I don’t know why everyone else is still trying 😓

Back