It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Because United got a dodgy pen and Cash now plays for the team they got it against

Oh ok I don’t realise getting too tight to someone in the box was dodgy? Looked pretty clear to me and all the media I’ve watched and read didn’t complain...

Michael Oliver supports Sunderland, it’s why he’s not allowed to referee Newcastle games.

Oh ok I don’t realise getting too tight to someone in the box was dodgy? Looked pretty clear to me and all the media I’ve watched and read didn’t complain...

Michael Oliver supports Sunderland, it’s why he’s not allowed to referee Newcastle games.
Pogba trips over his own leg, no contact at all.

I was actually impressed by United quietly picking up wins, hence my first comment. They were the better team today, tbf. I don’t mean to moan all the time about calls in their favor. However, that was not a pen.

Pogba trips over his own leg, no contact at all.

I was actually impressed by United quietly picking up wins, hence my first comment. They were the better team today, tbf. I don’t mean to moan all the time about calls in their favor. However, that was not a pen.

Contact with Luiz’s leg caused him to kick his other foot. Got too tight. Soft yes, but penalty also yes. Close up on sky after the match. No one was complaining. No controversy from the written media I've read.

Today was tight, Villa are a very good team and our defence is still iffy. That said our attackers are exceptional. Liverpool should win the title by a distance but I’m glad that we are now becoming a team that tries to win games rather than not lose them.

Agreed with Joe. I was impressed with both teams today. Villa very good but their squad may be a little thin long term. If they keep everyone fit definitely top 5 potential. United get better every time I see them. I think Liverpool win it by 6-10 with half a dozen other teams fighting for 2-4

Just so delighted Ole's finally getting positive press and some plaudits. We're still very much a work in progress but hardly as bad as they made us out to be at the start of the season.

We've really started games well in the last 4 games, the entire squad is playing their part and looks motivated and itching to play and I like the football we are playing in general. Not expecting to win the league but I really hope he manages to pick up one of the cups.

Man.U. Top of the league. I'm not buying it long term. They look solid and play great football at times but..I dunno..I feel luck is on their side at the moment.
Smoke and mirrors? Maybe, maybe not. This season is for sure an odd one.
I mean Fulham's attacking play looked better than Spurs tonight, they got some tricky attackers.smh.

Man.U. Top of the league. I'm not buying it long term. They look solid and play great football at times but..I dunno..I feel luck is on their side at the moment.
I mean Fulham's attacking play looked better than Spurs tonight, they got some tricky attackers.smh.

Im not buying it this year but longer term there are foundations and trends that I like a lot and can be built on. After the last however long though it’s a lot of fun again and I’m making sure to enjoy it! If either city or Liverpool find form they should win the title but this is a weird year. I mean Bailly has come back from what feels like a decade of injuries to look like Maguire’s perfect partner and Paul Pogba has been our best player for a month now, I’m just here shaking my fucking head not knowing what to know anymore!

Im not buying it this year but longer term there are foundations and trends that I like a lot and can be built on. After the last however long though it’s a lot of fun again and I’m making sure to enjoy it! If either city or Liverpool find form they should win the title but this is a weird year. I mean Bailly has come back from what feels like a decade of injuries to look like Maguire’s perfect partner and Paul Pogba has been our best player for a month now, I’m just here shaking my fucking head not knowing what to know anymore!
This season is just so unpredictable. Spurs were 1st in November and December because all they did was win 3 games in a row, Burnley, Brighton and West Brom. Spurs now have 6 points from 6 games, are in shit form and are still only 6 points behind United. We will not win the league if we keep dropping points from winning positions but it's astounding that we're 2pts back from top 4 after that awful stretch of games.

United have just quietly gone about winning games, that's really all it takes. City looked out of it, but have won 4 in a row. If Everton or Southampton go on a run and win 3 games in a row they could be top in 3 weeks. The points total the winner will have at the end of this season will be historically low. I don't see anyone getting 80 points.

This season is just so unpredictable. Spurs were 1st in November and December because all they did was win 3 games in a row, Burnley, Brighton and West Brom. Spurs now have 6 points from 6 games, are in shit form and are still only 6 points behind United. We will not win the league if we keep dropping points from winning positions but it's astounding that we're 2pts back from top 4 after that awful stretch of games.

United have just quietly gone about winning games, that's really all it takes. City looked out of it, but have won 4 in a row. If Everton or Southampton go on a run and win 3 games in a row they could be top in 3 weeks. The points total the winner will have at the end of this season will be historically low. I don't see anyone getting 80 points.

Honestly in and around 80 points is actually historically normal in the Premier League era since it went to 38 matches. Chelsea raised it to the mid to late 80s under mourihno in the mid 00s I suppose but it was only really city and Liverpool in the last couple of years that have pushed regularly into the 90s and towards the 100s.

I still think that Liverpool and City are the best teams and that if they come close to their level one of them will win it.

With United I hope that we can just keep building on this form and building confidence in the style of play and the squad so that we can be in a position to take advantage of slips and to build on next year with the right summer acquisitions.

This weekend game will be really interesting. Honestly, any result would not surprise me. High scoring draw is my prediction. I can see Liverpool breaking down Uniteds d but also get caught on the break. On the other hand it could be a dour 0-0 or a blowout either way. I find it fascinating as a neutral.

This weekend game will be really interesting. Honestly, any result would not surprise me. High scoring draw is my prediction. I can see Liverpool breaking down Uniteds d but also get caught on the break. On the other hand it could be a dour 0-0 or a blowout either way. I find it fascinating as a neutral.

Ifs my most looked forward to/dreaded game of the season. There’s no better place to win! That said I’m utterly impartial and incapable of reason around it, I just want to get on the pitch myself and kick Liverpool players...

As for Spurs,
Ifs my most looked forward to/dreaded game of the season. There’s no better place to win! That said I’m utterly impartial and incapable of reason around it, I just want to get on the pitch myself and kick Liverpool players...
I get it. I certainly won't be looking for objectivity from you for this one!

Anyone use their triple captain in this double game week? I was going to but I completely forgot. I was on the fence with Salah or Fernandes, decided to go with Bruno since Salah has been in a rut. Feels like if the Liverpool home streak is ever going to end it may happen today.

Anyone use their triple captain in this double game week? I was going to but I completely forgot. I was on the fence with Salah or Fernandes, decided to go with Bruno since Salah has been in a rut. Feels like if the Liverpool home streak is ever going to end it may happen today.
😴

Back