It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I feel sorry for him. Out of position and you’ve left huge gaps behind left back all season, Salah is having a field day.
I don’t. He’s shit and shouldn’t be asleep defensively. The whole team is on the beach right now so it’s whatever.

The linesmen have to be taught to put that flag up faster. There's no reason for Alisson or Son to have to play through that when Richarlison was that far offside. I feel sorry for Son. Really feel like his best years are being wasted.

The linesmen have to be taught to put that flag up faster. There's no reason for Alisson or Son to have to play through that when Richarlison was that far offside. I feel sorry for Son. Really feel like his best years are being wasted.

To be fair to the linos they’re under instruction in all but the most obvious cases to leave it to VAR in case it’s tighter than they perceive. That one probably should have been flagged though, he was a mile offside.

I feel sorry for Son. Really feel like his best years are being wasted.
He comes and goes in form all the time. But he’s undoubtedly one of the best the league’s ever seen. I’m obviously biased, but Son leaving Spurs just to win some trophies would mean nothing, like Kane will end up doing at Bayern. Does a player value accolades or loyalty? Kinda like Reus at Dortmund, he could have left several times but stayed and became a club legend. When good players play at “lesser” clubs it makes the league stronger. Having Madrid/Barca/Bayern/City/etc hoovering up all the talent is so boring. Could he have won more trophies elsewhere? Absolutely. But I refute the claim that’s he’s wasted his prime years at a club he obviously loves.

He comes and goes in form all the time. But he’s undoubtedly one of the best the league’s ever seen. I’m obviously biased, but Son leaving Spurs just to win some trophies would mean nothing, like Kane will end up doing at Bayern. Does a player value accolades or loyalty? Kinda like Reus at Dortmund, he could have left several times but stayed and became a club legend. When good players play at “lesser” clubs it makes the league stronger. Having Madrid/Barca/Bayern/City/etc hoovering up all the talent is so boring. Could he have won more trophies elsewhere? Absolutely. But I refute the claim that’s he’s wasted his prime years at a club he obviously loves.

A lot depends on if you’re competitive. If you’re challenging all the time but just can’t cross the line then I get staying, if you’re not then I think it’s a short career and trophies cement legacies. It also depends on if the offers are there to leave, Son is good and is very willing but isn’t on the level of Kane or the very best elite attackers.

A lot depends on if you’re competitive. If you’re challenging all the time but just can’t cross the line then I get staying, if you’re not then I think it’s a short career and trophies cement legacies. It also depends on if the offers are there to leave, Son is good and is very willing but isn’t on the level of Kane or the very best elite attackers.
I think he could have easily left for any club in the world if he was willing to go, but he never was. 4-5 years ago he’d start for nearly everyone, now it’s probably too late. But he valued his loyalty to Spurs which were forever grateful to him. You just don’t see many players sticking with a team for a long, long time while being one of their best that much anymore.

I really hope the new manager can figure out Nunez because he might be the most ill-fitting part I've seen since Balotelli. Well, maybe that's unfair. Christian Benteke.

I really hope the new manager can figure out Nunez because he might be the most ill-fitting part I've seen since Balotelli. Well, maybe that's unfair. Christian Benteke.

It’s funny because whilst Balotelli and Benteke absolutely were a bad fit for the fast paced football you play I actually think he fits perfectly, he just cant finish for shit!

It’s funny because whilst Balotelli and Benteke absolutely were a bad fit for the fast paced football you play I actually think he fits perfectly, he just cant finish for shit!
I've never seen someone mess up so many 2 on 1s. There are a lot of points that were left on the table because he couldn't finish. He's so disruptive to the defense but man he just is about as unclutch as they come.

I've never seen someone mess up so many 2 on 1s. There are a lot of points that were left on the table because he couldn't finish. He's so disruptive to the defense but man he just is about as unclutch as they come.

I have absolutely no idea what “unclutch” means but yeah he can’t finish at all but in terms of pace and movement and chaos he plays in that Klopp style. There’s part of me that still thinks there a player in there.

Back