It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

My local MLS side (New England), by the rules of the tournament, should have hosted the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions Cup (our UCL) but due to a trade expo behind held on the day of and a monster truck event a few days after, we swapped legs and thus gave up home field advantage. Also will be playing our home leg at 9 pm on a Tuesday.

Shit like the referee lockout and this (and being priced out of games now) makes supporting MLS feel more and more like a chore.

I was watching the Monterey/Cincinnati match last night and around the 70th minute, Fox Sports cut the feed in favor of a college basketball game. Viewers were advised to switch over to the Fox Sports app to continue watching the match. I switch over to the app only to find that it’s the same basketball game…lol.

Harsh on Coventry. Battered Wolves but didn’t take the chances and caught on the break twice late on.

No way! Even deeper into injury time and Coventry have only just gone and done it! Off to Wembley for the semis.

Fun fact. Last time Coventry got to the cup semis was 1987 when they went on to the final and win the Cup against Spurs. It remains their only major honour.

Last edited:
Back