It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

images (2).jpeg
Tough to say who I'd prefer. Atletico away is always a nightmare for anyone. I don't want anything to do with the big 4. Give me Bayern of Dortmund I suppose I'd be happy.

View attachment 197667
Tough to say who I'd prefer. Atletico away is always a nightmare for anyone. I don't want anything to do with the big 4. Give me Bayern of Dortmund I suppose I'd be happy.
My guess

Bayern-Arsenal
City-Dortmund
Madrid-PSG
Barca-Atletico

The only one I’m 100% certain on is City-Dortmund because City probably have their hands in the pot.

View attachment 197667

Got to beat the best to win it. If you’re confident bring them on!

Plus those games are events and exciting and tense, kinda why I love following a team.

Got to beat the best to win it. If you’re confident bring them on!

Plus those games are events and exciting and tense, kinda why I love following a team.
We can beat them in the semis or finals. I'm trying to catch a break after that shocker of a round against Porto

We can beat them in the semis or finals. I'm trying to catch a break after that shocker of a round against Porto

Yeah but Porto was the kind draw. Maybe you need a bigger fish to avoid complacency.

Although seriously I really remember loads of fantastic quarters and semis against the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern,, Juventus, Milan and how great they were regardless of the result. I’ve forgotten so many others that we won comfortably.

Like we got to a final in 11 and history tells me we beat Shalke comfortably in the semis but I have no real memories other than perhaps Neuer was playing for them?

Last edited:
Yeah but Porto was the kind draw. Maybe you need a bigger fish to avoid complacency.

Although seriously I really remember loads of fantastic quarters and semis against the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern,, Juventus, Milan and how great they were regardless of the result. I’ve forgotten so many others that we won comfortably.

Like we got to a final in 11 and history tells me we beat Shalke comfortably in the semis but I have no real memories other than perhaps Neuer was playing for them?
No I get what u mean and ur right. I think I'm just counting on the CL momentum to keep the PL race afloat. If we crash out I'm worried we'll then go and lose against Wolves or worse Spurs

No I get what u mean and ur right. I think I'm just counting on the CL momentum to keep the PL race afloat. If we crash out I'm worried we'll then go and lose against Wolves or worse Spurs

Funnily enough again I always found it worked the other way around, a tight Premeir Leauge race kept up the momentum in Europe. If you blew, or won, the PL early it’d be hard to maintain the performance levels in Europe!

Last edited:
well i just did the lords work....I mean AS SOON AS I posted that Benfica goal is allowed....no offisde given after VAR check

I’d expect Benfica to turn Rangers over in all fairness, they’re good enough that I’m surprised they didn’t make it through the groups.

Liverpool. Not even close.
200w.gif

Back