It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Latest on de Gea. He signed a contract on substantially reduced wages. United haven’t counter signed it yet and are looking likely to pull out.

I get that the game has moved on and that long term he isn’t the option but this is a bad look. The man will go down as a club legend and had been unbelievable for us in some pretty rough years. He deserves to be treated with more dignity than this.

Any chance Kane leaves? I saw Bayern made a lowball offer. Would be crazy I think but who knows these days
I don’t think so. Levy will want at least 100m in pounds. Not euros. And I think it could still be even more than that to even begin talks.

According to German media Kane has agreed personal terms. He also had agreed personal terms with City two years ago. We had Raya on personal terms two weeks ago. Doesn’t matter too much. Bayern need to agree a fee with Levy and I don’t think that will happen unless they spunk like £120m. I can’t see them spending that big on Kane when someone like Kolo Muani is Bundesliga proven, much younger, and will likely cost around that much or less.

My prediction is he’s still here. Spurs do well with Ange and Kane ends up signing a new deal after Christmas. If we sputter out to 10th place or something then I could see him looking for an out, maybe Bayern try again in January for 50m. Or he just runs out the contract and leaves next summer.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. Levy will want at least 100m in pounds. Not euros. And I think it could still be even more than that to even begin talks.

According to German media Kane has agreed personal terms. He also had agreed personal terms with City two years ago. We had Raya on personal terms two weeks ago. Doesn’t matter too much. Bayern need to agree a fee with Levy and I don’t think that will happen unless they spunk like £120m. I can’t see them spending that big on Kane when someone like Kolo Muani is Bundesliga proven, much younger, and will likely cost around that much or less.

My prediction is he’s still here. Spurs do well with Ange and Kane ends up signing a new deal after Christmas. If we sputter out to 10th place or something then I could see him looking for an out, maybe Bayern try again in January for 50m. Or he just runs out the contract and leaves next summer.

I don’t see him signing a new contract at spurs unless you do something crazy like win the league and that would take 4 other teams all being well below par. Last time that happened was year one of Pep and Jose in Manchester, Chelsea had their then traditional pre title meltdown and Klopp hadn’t fully got his feet under the table at Liverpool.

If I was Levy I’d sell him to Bayern now if they come close to £100m. Because on a free he’s likely to stay in England, I’d say he’d love a PL title tilt and shearer’s record that isn’t s record. That’s strengthening a direct rival with no fee.

I don’t see him signing a new contract at spurs unless you do something crazy like win the league and that would take 4 other teams all being well below par. Last time that happened was year one of Pep and Jose in Manchester, Chelsea had their then traditional pre title meltdown and Klopp hadn’t fully got his feet under the table at Liverpool.

If I was Levy I’d sell him to Bayern now if they come close to £100m. Because on a free he’s likely to stay in England, I’d say he’d love a PL title tilt and shearer’s record that isn’t s record. That’s strengthening a direct rival with no fee.
I don’t think Levy will even entertain an offer for him this summer as much as what you say makes sense and would objectively help Spurs in the long run. Kane going to United wouldn’t necessarily mean trophies for him, but it would make Spurs worse that’s for sure.

I don’t think Levy will even entertain an offer for him this summer as much as what you say makes sense and would objectively help Spurs in the long run. Kane going to United wouldn’t necessarily mean trophies for him, but it would make Spurs worse that’s for sure.

No it totally doesn’t mean trophies for Utd because Klopp and Pep are special. It does mean that United are nailed on to finish above spurs and to challenge unless Ange works absolute miracles.

No it totally doesn’t mean trophies for Utd because Klopp and Pep are special. It does mean that United are nailed on to finish above spurs and to challenge unless Ange works absolute miracles.
Exactly! which is why I keep hoping that he stays and signs a new deal 😅

Not really. If you’re trying to do a chelsea and split it over a really long period or pay almost nothing as a lump at the start before the splits I get it. They’ve got to look after themselves too.
No matter City have pulled out. Let's see how long this takes

So can someone explain how it seems most Chelsea players are being purchased by Saudi interests? Is this some scheme to get Chelsea a lot of money? This seems like an unnatural turnover of their roster.

So can someone explain how it seems most Chelsea players are being purchased by Saudi interests? Is this some scheme to get Chelsea a lot of money? This seems like an unnatural turnover of their roster.

Honestly. It suits both parties. Chelsea need money in and by and large no other European league can afford the wages of English based players. Particularly the aging ones because the few big sharks in the other leagues won’t be going there.

Saudi wants to become a major player in the football world.and fast. This feels different to China. Whilst there are similar geopolitical considerations the difference is that Saudi, like it or not, does have a genuine football culture. To grow to initially be the strongest league in Asia they want stars, age isn’t so much a consideration and they’re willing to both pay a fee and match wages.

I think we will be seeing a lot more of this for transfers of aging players leaving England.

Honestly. It suits both parties. Chelsea need money in and by and large no other European league can afford the wages of English based players. Particularly the aging ones because the few big sharks in the other leagues won’t be going there.

Saudi wants to become a major player in the football world.and fast. This feels different to China. Whilst there are similar geopolitical considerations the difference is that Saudi, like it or not, does have a genuine football culture. To grow to initially be the strongest league in Asia they want stars, age isn’t so much a consideration and they’re willing to both pay a fee and match wages.

I think we will be seeing a lot more of this for transfers of aging players leaving England.

All three being practicing Muslims is also a not inconsiderable fact given where they’re going too.

Also it should be said, the players leaving Chelsea are objectively good players. One bad season doesn’t mean they’re washed (except maybe Kanté who’s legs are gone). Chelsea had bad management, bad recruitment and a squad way too big that couldn’t ever find consistency with players on the pitch and results. If SA was buying extreme deadwood like Phil Jones, Tanguy Ndombele, Nicholas Pepe, etc then I’d think something was fishy. Ziyech, Koulibaly, Mendy are all still decent.

Back