It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I keep seeing comparisons to the Chinese Super League. Obviously that was before i got involved, but how much money do these chaps need?
It's definitely a retirement plan of sorts. I can't knock the ones who go after a long successful career. I look at it like Phil going over to Liv golf kind of. They're also going to bring up the level of play around them. Imagine being a Saudi teen/young adult getting to play with Ronaldo or Benzema in your locker room

It's definitely a retirement plan of sorts. I can't knock the ones who go after a long successful career. I look at it like Phil going over to Liv golf kind of. They're also going to bring up the level of play around them. Imagine being a Saudi teen/young adult getting to play with Ronaldo or Benzema in your locker room

Yeah that’s all very well if you weren’t taking a metric shit tonne of blood money to put a smiley PR face on one of the most brutal and repressive regimes on the planet.

Yeah that’s all very well if you weren’t taking a metric shit tonne of blood money to put a smiley PR face on one of the most brutal and repressive regimes on the planet.
Yes. The politics behind it and LIV golf aren't good. I was trying to see the good but uh, the money is being spread around the world? Lol I'm kidding mostly. There's good and bad to it. More bad, but there is some good

Yes. The politics behind it and LIV golf aren't good. I was trying to see the good but uh, the money is being spread around the world? Lol I'm kidding mostly. There's good and bad to it. More bad, but there is some good

I don’t see any good to be honest. It’s even worse than the whole Newcastle thing because it’s actually in Saudi. Combined with the latest golf thingy it’s really a shitty time for any kind of ethics in professional sports.

I don’t see any good to be honest. It’s even worse than the whole Newcastle thing because it’s actually in Saudi. Combined with the latest golf thingy it’s really a shitty time for any kind of ethics in professional sports.
Again, I was just defending the old players who made metric shit tonnes of money for their respective clubs over the last couple decades cashing out, and the players who will benefit from their presence

Realistically, I will probably never see Benzema kick a soccer ball ever again. That bums me out, and I'm not even a Benzema fan. Can I blame him for taking $100 million per year? I guess not... not that he needs the money. But I think these guys are in for a rude awakening. Toiling away in the desert in front of 4,000 strong?

image0.jpg

Anyway, strong rumors tonight that Messi is going to join MLS, and that Saudi Arabia is out of the picture.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This Saudi thing is getting really bad really quickly.

Imagine the Premier League meddling in transfers blocking Man City or Arsenal from a transfer because they want more parity in the league so "Let's give this player to Burnley instead"

This is absolutely ridiculous. This Saudi thing is getting really bad really quickly.

Imagine the Premier League meddling in transfers blocking Man City or Arsenal from a transfer because they want more parity in the league so "Let's give this player to Burnley instead"

This is where I really don't like it. Now it's turning into a full LIV golf situation. A retirement league is one thing but Zaha is pulling a Brooks Koepka smh

It’s just like the soviet days. You’re playing for the railway team and the secret police team wants you? A couple of quick threats to some family members, or some directors of the railway team, and you’re on your ways

This is where I really don't like it. Now it's turning into a full LIV golf situation. A retirement league is one thing but Zaha is pulling a Brooks Koepka smh

It’s just like the soviet days. You’re playing for the railway team and the secret police team wants you? A couple of quick threats to some family members, or some directors of the railway team, and you’re on your ways
I REALLY hope Messi turns them down and goes back to Barca. That would be a saving grace for this shit show. He doesn’t need the money, he should go back to his club. Unfortunately he’s already a Saudi Ambassador so he’ll probably do it.

The face you make when you realized you sold your soul for money. I hope it's worth absolutely no one watching your games.

I REALLY hope Messi turns them down and goes back to Barca. That would be a saving grace for this shit show. He doesn’t need the money, he should go back to his club. Unfortunately he’s already a Saudi Ambassador so he’ll probably do it.

Personally I’d like to see him go and finish at his boyhood club in Argentina, but I can’t see that actually happening.

I saw he's going to Inter Miami. At least that was the latest rumor.

Personally I’d like to see him go and finish at his boyhood club in Argentina, but I can’t see that actually happening.
Maybe when he’s almost 40. But I also see him as someone who will just retire at the top and not continue playing like Ronaldo has been.
I saw he's going to Inter Miami. At least that was the latest rumor.
I just saw that now too. That’s at least better than SA

My wife said the same thing about Messi and Argentina. It could be PR spin, but Messi seems like a real family guy, so I'm guessing lifestyle for his kids (and wife) plays a bigger part in the equation than some of these guys. I think Miami gives them the best chance at a "normal" life. I'd love the storybook of Messi ending his career in Argentina, but ha and his family probably couldn't walk outside in Rosario.

My wife said the same thing about Messi and Argentina. It could be PR spin, but Messi seems like a real family guy, so I'm guessing lifestyle for his kids (and wife) plays a bigger part in the equation than some of these guys. I think Miami gives them the best chance at a "normal" life. I'd love the storybook of Messi ending his career in Argentina, but ha and his family probably couldn't walk outside in Rosario.
These guys makes so much money, but imagine the security costs they have.

Back